Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Bath toys that dont get moldy

chocolatecake

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 2:23 pm
My two and three year old love the bath and play really nicely together. The problem is that the toys they have are constantly getting moldy. I have a bath net on the wall and the toys dry in there. Is there any trick to keeping bath toys from getting moldy? Do you have toys that dont get moldy, please describe or send me a link or do bath toys just constantly need replacing.....

lfab

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 2:41 pm
You need to get toys that are hard plastic and one solid piece with no way for water to get inside. I find the rubber toys (like the squirters, etc.) end up moldy pretty quickly. We have this toy http://www.target.com/p/b-fish.....26415 for probably close to 6 years now and it's still in great condition, no mold. Look for other toys like this and they will last a lot longer. You can also just recycle regular household items as bath toys. We save a few of the plastic bottles from the baby shampoo and my toddler loves to fill it up and dump out the water with it. When it gets yucky I just save a new one that we finish and throw out the old one.

BayMom

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 2:46 pm
For a while I dried the toys right after the bath with a towel. It helped.

glamourmom

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 2:52 pm
hard plastic toys that don't have holes in them so water doesn't get in and sit there. I give my kids toy dishes and cups they love to fill up with lotsa soap. also, plastic boats and ducks that don't have any place for water to get in.

BabsB

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 2:59 pm
If you have bath toys with the hole in them, before first use you can plug the hole with hot glue.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 4:19 pm
Items like these that are hard plastic and not squeeze toys that have a hole for water to collect.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d....._QL40
And of course always drain toys immediately after bath. We like this
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....h+bag

Skippy!!

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 4:37 pm
My kids love playing with empty shampoo, soap bottles in their bath.

m+m

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 4:39 pm
Foam ABC letters and basketball hoop

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 7:33 pm
I have hard plastic cups that my kids use in the bath.

lucky14

Post Tue, Nov 15 2016, 10:01 pm
Thank you so much for asking this- I've been looking for bath toys and wondering the same thing. We actually have the B. Fish & Splish Boat (it's the only bath toy we have so far) and it's really cute.

STMommy

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 12:46 pm
I have bath toys in my house that are almost ten years old and still perfect. I make sure to thoroughly squeeze out the water every time they're used. But since that can be a pain, if you get good recommendations for toys without the hole that don't require any extra effort that would be your best bet.

lucky14

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 2:49 pm
Btw how do you guys know that the squirt ones are getting moldy inside? You cut them open and see?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics