Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Moving help in Brooklyn?

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 1:04 pm
I can't afford to pay professional movers who charge bet. $1,000 and $2,000 to move us.

Is there a movers ''gemach'' to help a struggling family move?

Worst case, I would hire a man with a van and two workers, and move this way. I'd leave our furniture behind, except maybe take our mattresses so the kids have what to sleep on.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 1:06 pm
is your landlord ok with you leaving furniture? I am asking bec its something for you to think about. maybe you can rent a uhaul and get some guys to shlep it for you. it might be cheaper that way. the only problem is if they break it for you it will be upsetting.

I dont know of such a gemach. though it would be a smart idea.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 2:09 pm
My landlord is ok with me leaving it. He said I can move without it and come get it up to a month if I find someone to move it.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 2:23 pm
maybe you could get bp moving the son, dont know his name but you can call and ask. and ask how much it would be just to move furniture? that should be cheaper. I know someone who moved only boxes she put her furniture in storage for a few reasons. but I doubt she paid so much because it was less stuff. so if you could get some people to move only your non breakables andd just have furniture moved by a regular mover it might be cheaper.

lfab

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 2:38 pm
If you can move everything else yourself maybe you can rent a uhaul for a few hours and hire a few college age guys to help move the furniture. If you don't have tons of furniture and you're not moving too far away you can do it this way and save a lot of money. If you're DH is able to help then you only need 2 more guys. Pay each one a couple hundred bucks (depending on how long you end up needing them) and you can save a bundle. If you don't have really big pieces of furniture and you know someone who owns a large van (like a 15 passenger) and can borrow from them for the day you can save even more. Good luck.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 2:57 pm
Unfortunately, I have no dh.

Unfortunately, due to medical reasons I may not drive.

Unfortunately, I do not have a ''couple of hundred each'' to spare.

I can probably offer 100-200 in total.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries