Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
No exhaust

amother
White

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 12:46 am
Do you also 'not have' a kitchen exhaust fan above your stove? We are moving into a brand new just built apartment with no kitchen window, no air conditioner and no exhaust whats so ever above the stove! I cook almost daily. Never mind the smell, but the heat! How will I manage, how do u guys have it if u dont have any form of exhaust?! Ductless or ducted? Any1 ekse with the same issue --> no window +no ventilation ???? Im freaking out. Landlord doesnt want to put in a fan after finding out the costs of breaking the walls n ceiling for the duct

Teomima

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 2:06 am
I don't have an exhaust but a kitchen without a window? That sounds odd, unless it's a really open floor plan, in which case I don't think you have to worry about cooking overheating your home. If there is a window nearby, you can place a regular standing fan facing away from you, towards the window, to work as an exhaust.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 2:13 am
amother wrote:
Do you also 'not have' a kitchen exhaust fan above your stove? We are moving into a brand new just built apartment with no kitchen window, no air conditioner and no exhaust whats so ever above the stove! I cook almost daily. Never mind the smell, but the heat! How will I manage, how do u guys have it if u dont have any form of exhaust?! Ductless or ducted? Any1 ekse with the same issue --> no window +no ventilation ???? Im freaking out. Landlord doesnt want to put in a fan after finding out the costs of breaking the walls n ceiling for the duct

Is there room for a microwave above the stove? My last apartment had a microwave installed above the stove with a built in exhaust / fan feature that turned on automatically when necessary.
No a/c in the kitchen can be an issue. A ceiling fan light fixture is a must but you'll probably need much more than that in the summer.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating