Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Would you/have you used a non Jewish nanny or daycare
Previous  1  2

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 8:50 pm
I'm glad I came across this thread. I'm now pregnant and will need daycare after my baby is born. I'm seriously looking into a non Jewish home daycare because the frum preschools in my area are just too expensive & don't have good hours for a working parent.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 10:45 pm
amother wrote:
I'm glad I came across this thread. I'm now pregnant and will need daycare after my baby is born. I'm seriously looking into a non Jewish home daycare because the frum preschools in my area are just too expensive & don't have good hours for a working parent.

Exactly.
I work long hours and my non Jewish nanny is amazing. She has previous experience working for a Jewish family. She even teaches my son Jewish songs and prompts him to make a bracha. The community is a mix of stay at home moms and nannies so the Jewish moms unofficially all look out for us at the park and the nannies know it. My nanny never brings her own food into my house; I buy whatever she wants.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 11:27 pm
I sent to a Jewish, but not Orthodox daycare when my son was two. I was very hesitant, however, that was the only real choice in my town. We did ask our Rabbi before we sent and we were told that it was ok.

I told them to feed him only food brought from home and thankfully they respected that. I was very happy when he aged out of it and was able to go to the frum preschool.
Good luck!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics