Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Clinton loss- More Comey's fault or poor campaign strategy?
Previous  1  2

Clinton loss- More Comey's fault or poor campaign strategy?
Its more Comey's actions that caused Hillary's loss.  
 10%  [ 8 ]
Its more poor campaign strategy that caused Hillary's loss.  
 42%  [ 33 ]
Other, and please offer your reasoning.  
 46%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 77

Iymnok

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 4:24 am
Mevater wrote:
I think her being a woman had nothing to do with her loss. Had she been both admired and had a plan to improve the economy and lessen terrorism, shed have won easily.

I quite agree.
When I think woman, her image does not come to mind.
As dh said, could you imagine her in a gown at a state dinner?
No because she must wear the pants of the country.

You know the old joke,
"If men and women were to switch off having kids, no family would have more than three without the wife taking over."

tryinghard

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 7:43 am
gold21 wrote:
I think that whether objective or subjective, the better man- or woman- wins. Ok, assuming you don't like Hilary Clinton, let's work with the Republican candidates.... Where did Ted Cruz go wrong? Where did Marco Rubio go wrong? They didn't go wrong.... its just that Trump went right.

Honestly, I think that similar to what happened in the general, Rubio and Cruz supporters each failed to take Trump as a serious enough threat - until it was too late. I was a huge Cruz fan, but TBH, I later wished I had supported Rubio. I actually think he would have beaten Clinton a lot more easily than Trump eventually did.

Simple1

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 7:58 am
Gold, this election is different. Beyond Trump's base of supporters, many probably chose him as the lesser of two evils, a vote against Clinton.

youngishbear

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 8:34 am
Iymnok wrote:
I quite agree.

You know the old joke,
"If men and women were to switch off having kids, no family would have more than three without the wife taking over."

Please explain this, because on the surface it appears to make the opposite point you're intending.

hotmom

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 9:21 am
Hashem runs the world, obviously Hashem wanted to Trump to be our next president. We don't know what Hashem has in store for us. But whatever it is will be for the good.
OTOH, looking at it with our own fleshy eyes. I've realized that election wins are not those who have the experience in this or similar fields. It takes the stand that the nation is fed up with our leaders till now and want something different. Clinton would be the same as all previous ones... she is a politician by career. Trump is new to this and his promises seem very good, he's shown he thinks of the regular civilians. That's why he got in. The nation wants a change, that's all.

rfeig613

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 9:22 am
I think Marco Rubio is highly electable.

For the sake of electability, the Republican Party should be heavily involved in grooming him for the presidency. He's young, handsome, Spanish-speaking, and can make commonc ause with Democrats on many issues.

My ideas on immigration, race, etc. are to the right of his, but I think he'd make a good president in a few years.

gold21

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 9:39 am
Iymnok wrote:
I quite agree.

You know the old joke,

I don't get the joke.

And while it's true that Clinton is not a glam and glitz type of girl, she's definitely female. I don't fully understand your post.

Last edited by gold21 on Thu, Nov 17 2016, 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total

gold21

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 9:40 am
Simple1 wrote:
Gold, this election is different. Beyond Trump's base of supporters, many probably chose him as the lesser of two evils, a vote against Clinton.

Not to be difficult, but many chose Clinton as a vote against Trump. It went both ways.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 11:33 am
Iymnok wrote:
I quite agree.

I'm sure she wore a gown to Bill's inauguration ball.

Simple1

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 1:39 pm
gold21 wrote:
Not to be difficult, but many chose Clinton as a vote against Trump. It went both ways.

Of course. And I voted third party as a vote against both. But my point still stands.

gold21

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 2:32 pm
Simple1 wrote:
Of course. And I voted third party as a vote against both. But my point still stands.

OK. Who do you think would have won against Trump?

Miri7

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 3:41 pm
I think that Clinton wasn't a strong candidate in the first place. Second, I agree with Bill about how the campaign was run. Third, the timing of Comey's letters did not help Clinton. Fourth, with so many of the projections showing a Clinton victory, I think a lot of voters who didn't want Trump, were ok but not happy with voting for Clinton, just didn't bother showing up. Fifth, Trump gets branding and media and was able to tap into some very real pain in a way that Clinton wasn't. (Those are in no particular order.)

I also think that something else happened this year - it seemed as though facts mattered less this year. I was interested to see this article today about fake news, an interview with a fellow who runs fake news sites:

https://www.washingtonpost.com.....story

So I don't think it's attributable to any one thing.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 4:27 pm
gold21 wrote:

Given the pre-election, and clearly erroneous, hype that the election was a done deal, Trump had the proverbial snowball's chance in hades, etc. those who would have been inclined to vote against Trump would be less likely to go to the polls, thinking that their job was done. However, the so-called protest vote against Clinton would be enhanced, as people felt it wouldn't make a difference, so they could voice a protest.

Just theoretical.

gold21

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 4:32 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Given the pre-election, and clearly erroneous, hype that the election was a done deal, Trump had the proverbial snowball's chance in hades, etc. those who would have been inclined to vote against Trump would be less likely to go to the polls, thinking that their job was done. However, the so-called protest vote against Clinton would be enhanced, as people felt it wouldn't make a difference, so they could voice a protest.

Just theoretical.

Interesting perspective.

cip

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 7:24 pm
https://www.google.com/search?.....EM%3A Tongue Out

cip

Post Thu, Nov 17 2016, 7:26 pm
https://www.google.com/search?.....SM%3A

Earnest

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 9:51 am
People are interested in the 'telling' little details in a celebritie's behavior = clues about character/judgment. Hillary's 'tells' showed her to be ...nasty. Fehh.

Merrymom

Post Tue, Nov 22 2016, 2:28 pm
In my opinion she just wasn't likeable, politics seems almost besides the point.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics