Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Sprouting legumes

tichellady

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 12:33 am
anyone here a sprouter? I sprouted lentils and am not sure how to cook with but them now. any suggestions?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 12:40 am
Often, those on raw diets will sprout legumes so they can get the most nutrients out of them and not need to cook them. I've seem some great salad, taco, spinach dish ideas online.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 4:29 am
I have a hard time digesting legumes, so I always sprout them before I cook them. Sprouted lentil soup is one of my favorites. Just make your favorite veggie soup recipe, and then throw in the sprouts about a half an hour before you're done. Test a few as you go, because you don't want them to be hard and grainy, but you don't want them to be overdone and mushy, either.

You can also dry the sprouts in a slow oven, with the door cracked open a tiny bit to let the steam out. Then grind them and add them to your wheat flour when you make bread. It really improves the nutritional value of your flour.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking