Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
ISO tastiest creamy mashed potatoes recipe

LAmom613

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 12:16 pm
What's the tastiest creamy mashed potatoes recipe that's parve????

I don't mind if its fattening (like if it could have butter or cream) but would prefer to stay away from chemical stuff like margarine, although maybe not possible for good parve mashed potatoes ... thanks!!!!!!!

mha3484

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 12:30 pm
After I boil the potatoes and drain them I use some almond milk, pareve sour cream and some water I I boiled the potatoes in. Even better with caramelized onions.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 1:01 pm
Mash them with some of the water u boiled them in. I saute onions in a bit more oil then I usually would and put in. I add salt and pepper to taste. They r the creaminess most heaven mashed potatoes! My favorite!

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 1:25 pm
Christina tosi has an out of this world mashed potato recipe. http://leitesculinaria.com/101......html

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 1:43 pm
I boil regular potatoes together with a medium sweet potato and kosher salt and mash them all with a bit of the cooking water. While the potatoes are boiling I saute a large onion and lots of chopped fresh garlic in oil and add to the mashed potatoes. Anon cause I've given this recipe out and I don't want to out my sn.

lora

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 2:07 pm
some people dont go for this but mayo adds a nice cream as does non dairy creamer.
if you want to go fleishig, add some chicken broth and minced garlic.
onion soup mix for flavor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics