Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Bored @ Work!!

SuperWify

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 3:01 pm
Help! I am so bored @ work. I sit for 6 hours and do actual work for maybe 3 of them (on a good day..) shmooze with other bored co-workers, read the news, check this site, spend $$ shopping online.... really nothing! I am going insane wasting my time here. I left a really amazing stimulating job helping people with creativty and brains before I married due to paltry pay and inflexable hours but... for this! Any suggestions? I am thinking of cutting my hours and getting a afternoon job in a school or something

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 3:10 pm
Could you ask your boss for more work? I'm sure they would rather give you more to do than pay you to do nothing.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 3:13 pm
amother wrote:
Could you ask your boss for more work? I'm sure they would rather give you more to do than pay you to do nothing.

I have tried that 100 of times. There is NOTHING to do. I am going to go insane! thanks anyway. Mad

greenfire

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 3:33 pm
d
o

t
h
e

w
o
r
k

s
l
o
w
e
r

Idea

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 4:12 pm
I often need more challenges at work and I was never shy to tell my boss that I'm ready to learn something new. No matter where I worked my position constantly evolved because I was always doing new things. And the employers always appreciated when I took the initiative . If you offered to learn more and do more and they don't have anything, then it means you've reached your potential at that specific job and it's time to move on

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 5:08 pm
I have the same problem.

I work in an office, and some days are busy, but some days I have LITERALLY 1 hour of work and 5 hours to waste, which I feel terrible about.

I've started davening/saying tehillim, but it's not always practical if other people are on the phone.

Of course, I check out websites a lot.

Here are some ideas:

Daven/Tehillim
Watch videos on your phone
Play games on your phone
Bring a book and read
Go for a walk - if you have a bathroom in the hallway, walk around the hall before going back to your desk (as long as you don't have the only key)
Take an online course and do your homework at work

Let me know if you think of anything else!!!

miami85

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 9:00 pm
I went through this for a few months, but now its picking up. It was mind numbing! At the time I didn't even have money for shopping online! In my job--my job is my job, there's no more and no less, but it relies on other people to do their jobs.

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Nov 23 2016, 9:17 pm
Take an online class for professional development. It will help you in the long run.

essie14

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 1:05 am
Is there any skill or program you could learn online that is related to your job or your field or your company? It will be a huge boost to your career if you could show your boss something productive that you were able to do or learn during your work hours. Even if it's just becoming a whiz at MS office or something like that. Also think about what you might want your next job to be and strive for that.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:07 am
I think I have 3 options now:
1. get a new job- which is hard to find that will fit my schedule and personality and hard to adjust to. On the other hand I do feel like I am frying my brains here. I used to manage an office and now I am doing nothing.... This will also be tough bec most jobs are boring office work which I see is not for me. so finding the dream job will take time.
2. cut my hours and get an afternoon job- this is eaiser to pull off, but I am worried it will be too tiring for me, running from 1 job to the next.
3. A sub option is to cut my hours and then tutor at night, this way I'll have a nice break in btwn where I can do my errands, make dinner ect. I just need clients, which are hard to find even with my experiance and resonable prices...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics