Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Black Friday book suggestions please!

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 4:54 pm
Amazon is offering $10 off $25 book purchase (must be sold by Amazon)
Barnes & Noble has a 30% off one item code (and I'm not using it on magnatiles Wink )

But I don't know what to get! Every now and then I see a book that I really want but I don't buy it at the time and I've forgotten to keep a list. Now I can't remember what's good.

srbmom

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 5:06 pm
I used the coupon to buy the new Silver Platter cookbook. Cookbooks are always a special treat for me - I loved the first one, I hope this one is good. I think I'll save it for a chanukah present for myself

Edited for typos

mha3484

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 5:22 pm
I also bought the new silver platter

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 5:32 pm
I'm considering Conversations with God. That would leave me needing another $6 or so of book...

Gracie

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 6:28 pm
Two non-fiction books worth owning.....
When Breath Becomes Air and The Boys in the Boat
But of course everyone's taste in books is so varied!

trixx

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 8:43 pm
I love history. last year I bought "the book of legends" which is translated midrashim and so cool. I just placed an order for Chronicles of the Land: Archaeology, by the Israel Museum. similar books would be the one published by Temple Institute (but I know they are releasing a new English edition in a few months so holding out for that) basically expensive Jewish informative/educational textbooks/coffee table books

edit I don't mind buying used books. so I only spend money on the ones that are impossible to find cheaper online anywhere. the kind that you basically must buy from the museum gift shop

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 9:02 pm
Similar policy here - I only spend money on books that I love them so much or feel they are so important that they must reside in my home, AND I can't get them used. Or something that I very much want to read and can't find anyone to borrow from. Or, occasionally, crafty types of books (coloring or cut-out).

I'd also go for something for my kids that's good enough for them to read over and over (and can't easily be found used.)

Sometimes the new price is not very different from the used price, especially now with $10 off $25, so then I'd go for new.

BUT I CAN'T DECIDE!!!!

If I get Conversations With God for myself, what can I get for $6ish for my kids?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room