Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Present for FIL- help please :)

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 8:46 am
Hi

Our FIL really kindly treated our family-2 adults, 2 little kids to a vacation. 3 days in a touristy city in our country...

I thought I'd try to take photos of us on vacation and get something made with the photos- he likes seeing photos of the kids. Problem is, none of the photos are that good- I'm not too good at photos apparently Wink

I'd love ideas for a present for him. Better if not super expensive, things are a little tight...Really open to hear ideas...He doesn't really have hobbies- likes walking, his grandkids, vodka. Erm that's about it lol. And not necessarily in that order Wink

Please throw your ideas at me! I really want to get on this asap because 'm scared I won't do it otherwise.

We actually thought about buying a digital album for his 60th (this is not a big, grand present-giving family)- all the kids- I think they're a bit erm tasteless but his kids wanted to- but it never happened- now a few years later and I wonder if it's even relevant now that he has a smartphone and can see photos of his kids and grandkids whenever he wants- thoughts?

Thanks!

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 9:07 am
Google "vodka glasses set." Get either a couple of glasses or a while set--prices are from 35.00 to thousands, and there are interesting ones in all price ranges. I'm your FIL's age and appreciate being seen as a person with interests and not just grandchildren. You could get a small gift made in the country you visited as another option.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 9:11 am
Firebrick- thanks for your input- I appreciate it Smile

I'll take a look at what you mentioned and thank-you for making me think about grandkid-focused presents in another light.

singleagain

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 10:34 am
you could also get a bunch of different vodka's get the half bottles 350ml and call it a tasting set. you could wrap it up nice and give it with the glasses, since there's no difference between shot glasses.

if you need some names of vodka's I know some really good ones

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 12:55 pm
ooo singleagain that's a nice idea Smile thank-you

now I'm double-guessing myself - is it vodka that he loves or whisky erm yes can you tell I don't pay too much attention when others talk about drinks...I'll check and if relevant I'll be in touch for recommendations!

singleagain

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 1:00 pm
I also can recommend scotch whisky (single malt) as well as others... but it would be best, if you can find out a few bottles of what he already likes, so I can recommend similar bottles... as a major enjoyment of drinking, is tasting the differences. so unless he's the type to only drink one kind [typically that would be a blend or vatted brand] I have tons of recommendations.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 1:11 pm
OP, just so you know, I didn't mean your FIL doesn't adore your kids. I just tell my kids that I was a person before I was a mom!

fraimal

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 9:57 pm
another great idea is a wifi-enabled picture frame...
https://www.amazon.com/Nixplay.....TWQ8I

the great part is that pictures are really updated because you can load all pix from instagram, facebook, or email. So easy to update and so much fun!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics