Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How many times were we born?

supermom

Post Thu, May 11 2006, 5:50 am
How many times have we been born? hundreds of times or once? Once when we came to the world? Or over and over again every morning?

Someone asked this question to me yesterday and it got me thinking.

happy2beme

Post Thu, May 11 2006, 8:27 am
I once learned that there are no more new neshomas anymore- everyone's been recycled Smile
it would be a little cool, but really creepy to find out what u were b4hand!

happy2beme

Post Thu, May 11 2006, 8:31 am
oops!!! I read the question wrong!!!
hmm.. I view it as being born every morning- after all ur neshoma is returned every morning & when I wake up I always feel like who knows what I can accomplish that day!
but I like my question too Very Happy

happy2beme

Post Thu, May 11 2006, 8:38 am
super, not to go off ona tangent, but do u know any info about my topic too?

southernbubby

Post Thu, May 11 2006, 8:49 am
I met a frum lady who specializes in past life regressions. I am not that spiritual of a person so I didn't really pay attention to what she was saying and even joked about it later.
I have a non-frum niece who claims to be a psychic, with ghosts and everything. I asked a rabbi how serious these claims should be taken and the answer was that the Torah does not deny the existence of such beings.
Being reborn daily? Nice way to think of it.

supermom

Post Thu, May 11 2006, 9:35 am
Hmm. our neshama's being recycled never heard that one before. I learnt that when all the neshamas are brought down then moshiach would be here.

That what I said that we are reborn every day but then she started to agrue with me. (she needed to make a forty page report on this for college) I lost her totally. That is why I was wondering is it possible both ways? to be born once or to say to be reborn every morning.

Motek

Post Thu, May 11 2006, 9:38 am
southernbubby wrote:
I met a frum lady who specializes in past life regressions.

meaning?

gryp

Post Thu, May 11 2006, 9:58 am
Quote:
I asked a rabbi how serious these claims should be taken and the answer was that the Torah does not deny the existence of such beings.

after reading the story of how the Baal Shem got rid of the shin-daleds in a house, I completely believe it!

TzenaRena

Post Thu, May 11 2006, 10:00 am
See the Kuntres of "Inyona Shel Toras HaChassidus" ("On the Essence of Chassidus") for a very deep explanation of this concept, especially Chapters 12 and 13. "Awakening from Sleep - the Restoration of the Jewish Soul" and "Ressurection as a Daily Phenomenon".

southernbubby

Post Thu, May 11 2006, 10:14 am
Motek,
From what I gathered, this woman was of the opinion that whatever happened in our past gilgulim may be affecting us now. She helps the person
"regress" to his or her previous selves. I was simply a guest in her house. I was not curious as to who I had been before. She did say that the woman that I was traveling with had been my sister is a past gilgul. I really don't know how she made that connection. I am not a believer is this type of thing.
The only thing that I can say about gilgulim is that maybe our current situation is a tikun for a past life, but most people do believe that.

happy2beme

Post Thu, May 11 2006, 11:24 am
Quote:
southernbubby
The only thing that I can say about gilgulim is that maybe our current situation is a tikun for a past life, but most people do believe that.

agree!

Quote:
southernbubby
She did say that the woman that I was traveling with had been my sister is a past gilgul. I really don't know how she made that connection. I am not a believer is this type of thing.

I don't believe either in that- who wants to dwelve into spirits & the like??
creepy...
if hashem wants u to know, He will...

Motek

Post Thu, Jun 28 2007, 8:50 pm
Rabbi Moshe Teitelbaum, the Yismach Moshe (1759-1841), remembered the time when he was a Jew leaving Egypt. When his grandson asked whether he supported Moshe after Korach rebelled, he replied that he stayed neutral as it was very hard to know who was right. shock

The Apter Rav, during the Avodah prayers of Yom Kippur, would not recite the traditional “Vikach hayah omer” (“and this is what he(the high priest) said,”) rather he would say “vikach hayisi omer” (“and so I would say.”) shock He also recalled a life as a King of Israel.

Rabbi Yisrael of Ruzhin remembered when his soul was a sheep of our forefather Jacob and he revealed to his Chassidim the song that Yaakov would sing to his sheep. shock
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics