Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How old were u when u couldnt have children any more?

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 6:42 am
Id love to get a sample of ages from anonymous women who had a lot of children (any amount, really, I'm not fussy) at what age they seemed to stop having babies.
(In case you're wondering, I'm 38, have 7 and my husband says he thinks we'd be done. I say 'If you don't want another baby, then I shouldn't be off bc!'
Then I began to wonder. Does having lots of babies make your body 'stop' when you're younger? Just curious.

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 6:48 am
There's a big difference in whether someone stopped medically or out of their own will. Meaning, was it because they couldn't, or because they didn't want to.

I wasn't medically allowed to become pregnant again at the age of 26.

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 6:54 am
I agree, Mint. thanks for clarifying.
I meant naturally.
And I'm so sorry, Mint xo

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 7:13 am
I am approaching this age and was wondering the same. When your body naturally stops ovulating

amother
White

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 7:28 am
amother wrote:
I am approaching this age and was wondering the same. When your body naturally stops ovulating

I'm about to be 45, I have a young baby and am still ovulating. I wish I'd stop ovulating already, we're not wanting more children...

cnc

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 7:46 am
amother wrote:
Id love to get a sample of ages from anonymous women who had a lot of children (any amount, really, I'm not fussy) at what age they seemed to stop having babies.
(In case you're wondering, I'm 38, have 7 and my husband says he thinks we'd be done. I say 'If you don't want another baby, then I shouldn't be off bc!'
Then I began to wonder. Does having lots of babies make your body 'stop' when you're younger? Just curious.

I don't think so- I have aunts in their forties that have between 10 and 13 kids (kh) and they are still having babies .

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 7:58 am
amother wrote:

I don't think so... my mother had her last baby 9 months ago in her mid 40's. And I am from a large family.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 8:40 am
I suppose the body could get too tired or something... But in practice you're actually saving eggs when pregnant because not ovulating.

elisheva25

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 1:42 pm
I am not upto that stage yet!... So can't tell you from personal experience
But... I believe medically every women is born with a certain amount of eggs. You stop ovulating when there are no more eggs. The medical community is concerned with women having babies say after 35 or 40... But naturally many women still ovulate upto their mid 40s.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 1:51 pm
elisheva25 wrote:
But... I believe medically every women is born with a certain amount of eggs. You stop ovulating when there are no more eggs. The medical community is concerned with women having babies say after 35 or 40... But naturally many women still ovulate upto their mid 40s.

Or into their 50s....

Chayalle

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 2:12 pm
My mother had her youngest at 42. She was #12 B"AH....my mother had complications with the pg and birth, though B"H my sister was healthy and all ended well....but my father felt that that signaled the end. My mother had a hard time with that, so they consulted Daas Torah, and their Rav agreed it was time to stop.

I've spoken to other people who've said the same - sometimes a medical issue can be an indicator that it's time to count your blessings.

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 2:14 pm
elisheva25 wrote:

Factually you do not run out of ovum. You stop ovulating due to hormones, your ovum remain intact.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics