Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Crispy Chicken Thighs with Pomegranate Sauce

Amarante

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 2:07 pm
This was excellent and very easy. Nice cookbook to take a look at.

Crispy Chicken Thighs with Pomegranate Sauce

Did you know that you can get shatter-crisp chicken skin without deep frying? Not only that, but you can have an unbelievably tasty chicken dinner on the table in 30 minutes. You might find yourself making this one for both a dinner party and a Tuesday evening.

Makes: 4 servings

Excerpt From: Jennifer Robins - The New Yiddish Kitchen

8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
1½ teaspoons (9 g) kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon (15 ml) extra virgin olive oil
1 cup (240 ml) orange juice (preferably fresh squeezed)
2 cups (450 ml) pomegranate juice
1 small sprig rosemary
2 sprigs thyme, plus more for garnish, if desired
1 teaspoon pomegranate vinegar, or red wine vinegar
2–3 tablespoons (30–45 ml) pomegranate arils

Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.

Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the chicken, skin side down. Allow it to cook for 20–25 minutes, until the skin is deep golden brown. Make sure not to move it for at least the first 10 minutes, or the skin might stick to the pan. After that, rotate the chicken and/or the pan to get all of the pieces browned evenly, but trying to move them as little as possible. Once they are evenly golden brown, flip and cook for an additional 10–15 minutes, or until they are fully cooked and reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).

Meanwhile, place the orange juice, pomegranate juice, rosemary and thyme in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. Allow the mixture to boil until reduced to about ½ cup (120 ml), about 15–25 minutes. Strain the herbs and stir in the vinegar.

Serve the chicken over the sauce, garnished with pomegranate arils and fresh thyme, if desired.

Bubbe’s tip: The chicken skin won’t get crispy if you futz with it! Put down the tongs, bubula. If you need something to do, knit a sweater.”

tigerwife

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 2:31 pm
Yum, this sounds amazing. Do you think it would stay crispy if cooked on Friday afternoon and rewarmed for the night meal?

Thanks for always posting great recipes.

Amarante

Post Fri, Nov 25 2016, 2:36 pm
I don't think so. If you are pressed for time and don't want to cook right before the meal, I would get everything prepped including the sauce and then really all you have to do before dinner is put the chicken on the stove and set a timer to flip.

I can get flustered cooking when stuff is going in, so I have a timer I wear around my neck to remind me of when I need to take care of something in the kitchen.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey