Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Sahm switching to finding a job.

amother
Gold

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 3:24 pm
I am a sahm mom for many years. I have had jobs over the years. No I don't have a degree. I won't be going for one now. So I am not going in that direction. I also don't drive for various reasons I won't discuss.

I am so nervous how it's gonna work out. For now I have enough time to find something but I am nervous I have not been in the work force for so many years. I need to get another sheitel currently I only have one. And more clothes. I am nervous how I will manage. I don't manage well even without a job. How can I add more stress? Bottom line I am not feeling confident that I can do it. My youngest is 2.5.

I know this won't be easy. I so want to do this. As I am ready to do this. I love meeting people and I want to do this. I checked the local papers and I didn't see anything. I am not living in my neighborhood for too long so I don't have any friends. I am hoping I will have more if I go to work.

Can someone who's been in this stage help me with tips? I know I will need to cook larger quantities or just buy more take out. My trouble is I get overwhelmed and don't function well under stress. I can't just change overnight. Also as a sahm I was able to do thing last minute and that's going to have,to change. I hate that. I don't preplan welli have a very hard time doing things,in advance. I procrastinate. I know I am being critical of myself

I just need to stop procrastinating. And it's a hard habit to break. I am not an organized type.

TwinsMommy

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 3:42 pm
I'm not so organized either, but I make lists. The things that need to be done in the morning. In the afternoon. In the evening. I even go by lists on motzei Shabbos and Sundays. I have my calendar showing what appointments are when but I also have my daily lists of stuff that has to get done. Break down each task into mini tasks--- instead of laundry on the list, "wash guinea pig pen fleece" or "dry towels" or "put away Reena's clothes" are separate tasks depending on the day. Know what dinner is in advance.

Maybe you could start part time instead of full time? I like part time--- -I make money, I talk to other adults... but I also have some alone time at home while NOT working while the kids are in school to do stuff.

Hatzlacha!

cbg

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 4:44 pm
Yes, start part time.
That way you have some alone time to do things quickly.
Now you procrastinate because you have the time to procrastinate.
But when push comes to shove things get done.
Instead of procrastinating 2 hrs, you'll only be able to proctastinate 10 min., because you'll have less time.

SingALong

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 5:33 pm
Do you have any community chat groups with job postings? Or any local communication board with job info? That may help you find something part time or with flexible hours.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics