Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Mesores Bais yaakov and Lev Bais yaakov

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 7:52 pm
I'm looking for real honest opinions on both. I am honestly so torn so I would really love feedback on both of these ELEMENTRY schools for my daughter. Tia!

doctorima

Post Sat, Nov 26 2016, 8:58 pm
What do you want to know about each? And what kind of school are you looking for for DD?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 5:47 am
I was told in mesores they focus on TZNIUS, then middos and in LEV they focus on middos then TZNIUS.
We are a reg frum Flatbush family.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 5:57 am
The admin is much warmer in lev. From what I have seen lev is a simpler crowd. Masores might be more academic but lev def gets harder as the years go on. By mid elementry I would say they are the same.

doctorima

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 6:50 am
Masores has a reputation as a more academic, but wealthier crowd, while Lev is warmer with less material pressure.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 7:06 am
If you are not wealthy- at all- living in an apt still and child not wearing designer- are you and your child made to feel less than?

doctorima

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 7:57 am
I don't think anybody will consciously and directly insult you for not being on their socioeconomic level (at least I hope not!), but the impression I get (and search previous threads here on Masores) is that she will feel subtle pressure to keep up with her peers in terms of clothing and overall lifestyle (think midwinter trips, summer camps, gifts, etc.), especially as she gets older, and if you can't keep up with that, she may end up feeling left out and less than. Obviously the composition of each class varies by year, but this is the general reputation that it has.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 10:25 am
I worked in Masores and I now send my daughter to Lev.

I love Lev Bais Yaakov. The education is great, the teachers and administration are very warm and my daughter is really happy. There's no real pressure to fit in with the crowd. It's a more relaxed atmosphere and that's what I wanted for my daughter. I don't dress her in designer clothes and we're not the run of the mill Flatbush type. I'm more of a practical Old Navy mother and my daughter has her own way of doing things. I wanted a place that has a good education where she could be herself.

Masores has a great education as well and some warm administration. I chose not to send there because, as mentioned above, the crowd is quite different. There's peer pressure among the crowd to always be wearing the trend that's 'in' like moccasin shoes or pom pom hats. You see the vast majority of the school all wearing the same thing. Like other posters have said, if that's your crowd, either choice is good. If you're more the type to not go with trends, I'd go with Lev.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics