Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Lakewood boys tuition

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 10:12 am
What is the normal going tuition rate for boys yeshivas in Lakewood? Just went to interview for my oldest. Hold last week and they r asking for $6000 after all the fees and an add to $1500 building fee!! We are a regular kollel couple how r we meant to afford this, how much $ does everyone else pay?

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 10:15 am
4000 I have 3 boys in 3 diff. Chaderim in lakewood.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 10:16 am
OP After all the nickel and diming I'm paying about the same they are asking from you. And there is no building fund by me

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 10:18 am
I'm sorry you're having sticker shock.

How much do you think it costs to rent/pay the mortgage on a building plus utilities? Don't forget insurance costs. Now pay the staff. The numbers are pretty staggering, and the money has to come from somewhere.

It is hard to afford private school on a middle class income.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 10:32 am
amother wrote:
4000 I have 3 boys in 3 diff. Chaderim in lakewood.

Why do you send all your children to different schools?

Is this the the general price for everyone or are you asking for a scholarship? Because I'm very hard pressed to think of three schools in Lakewood which only ask for $4,000 a year in tuition

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 10:52 am
4,000 is very little. Girls tuition is more then that. My sons school is close to 6 thousand without sunday bussing, registration and building fund. I have a few kids there so they charge me about 5 thousand each. We are not in kollel .

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 11:00 am
$6800 plus $3600 building fee over 3 years.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 11:54 am
From our experience, the Lakewood schools expect people to ask for a discount. Some make you fill out a form about your financial situation, some don't even bother. One school even asked us why we didn't ask for a discount, they were pretty surprised about it.

We were B"H able to pay full tuition for our sons, although it was very difficult, we made it a priority and skimped on everything else in our lives, on the advice of our Rav. However, on the contract each year, by Building Fund - we crossed it out and wrote "we cannot commit at this time", nobody ever said a word. By now our sons have both graduated elementary, and only now did the school just finish building their new building, so we feel absolutely no guilt about it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics