Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Housework? Or Hobbies?

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 7:56 am
I seem to have an internal war with myself every Sunday. I don't work on Sunday's and I would love to spend the day relaxing and working on my hobbies. Yet, I know that I could also use the day to clean the house more thoroughly, cook and bake to stuff my freezer etc. I used to think that I'll spend half the day doing the work and the other half relax but there is not enough time in the day as they are both time consuming. What do you think is the " wise" choice? My DH thinks Sunday's are supposed to be a day OFF but being a working, yiddishe mama I have this pressure that there is just so much to do, and it makes me feel guilty relaxing!!! You thoughts please!

momaleh

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 8:37 am
I think you need to figure out how to make the balance happen. I am a sahm and I try to do a bit of both each day. You don't need to spend more than max 2 hours cleaning on a Sunday unless you have a crazy mansion. Pick one thing to focus on and move on and enjoy yourself.

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 11:49 am
if you can't handle both in one day, alternate sundays.

Raisin

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 12:43 pm
What are your hobbies? I do think you can do more then one, but you might need to get up early.

MyUsername

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 1:09 pm
Why don't you split your day? Spend the morning cleaning and the afternoon relaxing.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 2:11 pm
Raisin wrote:
What are your hobbies? I do think you can do more then one, but you might need to get up early.

I enjoy needlepoint, scrapbooking, crafts, gardening, writing, reading and more Very Happy
The scrapbooking and needlepoint are my faves and they take up most of the day once I start . I have a hard time stopping once I start.
Today ended up being a housework day and errand running. But I have this strong desire almost like a craving to sit down with either my needlepoint canvas or craft supplies right now. But I need to cook dinner, the kids are coming home from school soon and I need to make challah today. Like my mother used to say in Yiddish " we can't dance by two weddings at once".

seeker

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 3:09 pm
IME once you start dealing with the emotional aspect (the pressure to get things done, the guilt at doing what you want, etc) then the practical issues of finding time will fall into place, at least most of the time.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 3:17 pm
seeker wrote:
IME once you start dealing with the emotional aspect (the pressure to get things done, the guilt at doing what you want, etc) then the practical issues of finding time will fall into place, at least most of the time.

Hmmm.....I hear what you are saying. Wish it was easier said than done
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics