Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Anyone here following Ami serial "Jamila"?

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 1:44 pm
Can we discuss last installment? Maybe I missed something but I really don't understand what's happening.

workaholicmama

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 2:15 pm
Sounds like she tried to outsmart Ber Fisher and actually changed the inserted images to others.

yksraya

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 3:44 pm
I understood that she added the photos but also added some quotes on them and changed the story somehow to explain to the audiance what is happening. It seems like she has police backup or what.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 4:19 pm
Why did that woman only see the scenes on her camera and not on the actual film?

workaholicmama

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 4:21 pm
Cause the film moved too fast, that's why she replayed in slow motion.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Nov 21 2016, 4:26 pm
It was sublimal messaging, apparently you can't see it as you're watching the film because it goes too fast, but it goes into your subconscious.
Am I the only one who feels like watching every movie in slow motion now to check if I'm secretly getting sublimal messages? This story made me paranoid LOL

Last edited by amother on Fri, Aug 21 2020, 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total

workaholicmama

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 2:03 pm
The ending this week was so blah. Like they suddenly decided to cut it short?

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 2:28 pm
Whole story was super dumb. Had zero point.

Lady Bug

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 4:04 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Whole story was super dumb. Had zero point.

I disagree. The writing was superb - it had me feeling along with the main character in an amazing way.

It was written very strongly from Jamila's perspective only, but it explored living with an emotionally ill parent as well as life for those who escaped Arab villages.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 4:06 pm
I read the previous week installment, not the one from this past shabbos.
How did she end off the last installment?

animeme

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 6:58 pm
I feel like this story got derailed somewhere along the way. It was chugging along telling some interesting stories about what it's like to grow up in an Arab town and get rescued. About how there's an after, how the wife may never fully recovered and may have had issues that led her there in the first place, about how the children can feel drawn back even after acclimation back later into Jewish Israeli life. It seemed that Jamilla was getting success into the same situation as her mom, showing how an Arab can take advantage of a confused girl, start a connection, draw her in, and then start to close the ropes around them. I was very interested.

And then it shifted, with all the intrigue. And I wondered if someone had pulled the plug on the portrayal of that relationship and diverted the story. Because until Ber Fischer, it was something that could happen to anyone, unfortunately, and Nassir was interesting and scary. But all of a sudden he was a pawn with no clear purpose.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 7:05 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I read the previous week installment, not the one from this past shabbos.
How did she end off the last installment?

She had the shin bet get her to hiding in safety with her family and the family she boarded by. Emunah and her brother were getting engaged and she got back together with Ilan Gadot? and seemed like they were going to be getting engaged too. Didn't say what happened to Ber Fisher just that the Shin Bet promised her she'd be safe if she stayed in hiding for a few weeks.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 7:26 pm
amother wrote:
She had the shin bet get her to hiding in safety with her family and the family she boarded by. Emunah and her brother were getting engaged and she got back together with Ilan Gadot? and seemed like they were going to be getting engaged too. Didn't say what happened to Ber Fisher just that the Shin Bet promised her she'd be safe if she stayed in hiding for a few weeks.

Thanks so much!
I appreciate you taking the time to write that out. I still wanted to know how it ended, even if it really wasn't my kind of story.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 7:38 pm
animeme wrote:
I feel like this story got derailed somewhere along the way. It was chugging along telling some interesting stories about what it's like to grow up in an Arab town and get rescued. About how there's an after, how the wife may never fully recovered and may have had issues that led her there in the first place, about how the children can feel drawn back even after acclimation back later into Jewish Israeli life. It seemed that Jamilla was getting success into the same situation as her mom, showing how an Arab can take advantage of a confused girl, start a connection, draw her in, and then start to close the ropes around them. I was very interested.

And then it shifted, with all the intrigue. And I wondered if someone had pulled the plug on the portrayal of that relationship and diverted the story. Because until Ber Fischer, it was something that could happen to anyone, unfortunately, and Nassir was interesting and scary. But all of a sudden he was a pawn with no clear purpose.

Except that in the end, Nassir was there and he was supposed to prevent her from getting away but he didn't. So maybe that relationship meant something to him. :/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics