Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Hospitals in Yerushalim

rzab

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 7:08 am
Im giving birth for the first time in Israel.

Trying to decide which hospital. What have your experiences been in Hadassa Ein Kerem vs. Sharei Tzedek?

fs

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 7:32 am
Sharei Tzedek's delivery rooms are a great experience, the midwives are really friendly and kind... I have not been to Hadassah, however I was advised that it is more professional and really equipped for any emergency... Bshaa Tovah and all should go well.

rneumann

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 8:08 am
I also don't have experience with Hadassa, but I had really great experiences with Shaarei Tzedek. Really great midwives, professional, and comfortable rooms.

israel22

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 8:18 am
also very happy with shaarei tzedek never felt a need to go elswhere

Iymnok

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 8:48 am
Wink Very happy with my homebirth! Very Happy
The PP care in biker cholim was very nice with my second(6 years ago). I delivered a few minutes after coming in, so I can only comment on the PP care.
I did not like har hatzofim, 8 years ago.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 8:49 am
I was happy in HEK. PM me if you have any specific questions.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 10:00 am
Whichever one you prefer, I'd recommend calling once you're in labor but before transferring to the hospital, to ask if they have beds open. Israeli hospitals can fill up and make women labor in the hall or reception room, so probably better to go to your second choice hospital than to have that happen.

rneumann

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 10:01 am
Although I had 2 good experiences with shaarei tzedek, I actually really liked Bikur Cholim for my 3rd. I probably wouldn't use it for my 1st birth(pm me for why), but definitely had good experiences. I was there for high risk pregnancy for a while, then an induction. The nurses were very friendly and caring. They have well known great doctors on staff, which made me feel very comfortable with my care, and the midwives allowed me to be in the position that my body put me in to deliver! Post partum care was also great. Plus the added benefit that it's a lot more of a central location.
I overall had a very good experience!

rneumann

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 10:05 am
amother wrote:
Whichever one you prefer, I'd recommend calling once you're in labor but before transferring to the hospital, to ask if they have beds open. Israeli hospitals can fill up and make women labor in the hall or reception room, so probably better to go to your second choice hospital than to have that happen.

THAT is very good advice. Although it never happened to me, when I was in ST for my 1st there were women in beds in the hallway...Although that was before they added their new maternity ward(daled)- I heard it doesn't happen there anymore.
Speaking of Daled- it's supposed to be gorgeous and like a hotel.

Roots

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 11:50 am
I gave birth in shaarei zedek and bikur cholim
shaarei zedek was very proffessional. had great midwives. it really was great. they also had great food and the recuperation was excellent
I also enjoyed bikur cholim a bit more because while sharei zedek is huge and very busy a million things are always happening by the elevators people are always rushing, you know abig hospital and bikur cholim was more heimish. the women are almost all frum or arabs. its quiet. the only huge minus is if youre put on the second floor, you need to go down the elevator to the nursery on the first floor which is hard right after birth..
I never gave birth in hadassa sorry..
besha'a tova
just so you know most women have positive exeriences in all the major charedi hospitals (shaari zedek and bikur cholim in yerushalayim and also mayaney hayeshua in bnei brak and laniado in netanya) the midwives are amazing evrywhere (its a matter of luck)

oh also shaarei zedek is considered a charedi hospital which makes a difference if you have cohanim in your family and there is meis they put a sign by the entrance. (and other things like a washing cup by every sink and the midwife asked me if I wanted them to wash negel vasser to my new born baby which I thought was very nice)

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 1:17 pm
I gave birth in Hadassah Ein Karem, the delivery room / midwives were fantastic. I was a high risk pregnancy with complications for both me and the baby and they handled everything like pros, with the least intervention necessary for my situation (despite being told in advance by my regular ob/gyn that I would more likely than not have a c-section, they didn't push one at all and I didn't need one). All the doctors that we needed were on hand right away and nice and helpful. The care for my daughter afterwards was great too. The aftercare for myself could have been better, but I don't believe it would have been better for me somewhere else, because my main problem is that I don't sleep well if I have to share a room, and medically I have no complaints.

WastingTime

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 1:54 pm
I had all 5 of my babies in sharei Tzedek. Was very happy with the midwives and liked the general religious feel. The nursery was not great though

amother
Green

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 2:08 pm
I think I would recommend Bikur Cholim over Shaarei Tzeddek. (it's now part of Shaarei Tzeddek, as a separate branch.)
I had a baby in bikur cholim and was very happy there. My baby had to be hospitalized at a few weeks old in Shaarei Tzedek - although there is definitely more up-to-date 'accommodations' there, I felt less comfortable since there was definitely more of a Muslim presence around than in Bikur Cholim.

I was also told by my labor coach that there are better doctors there in case of emergency without having to go private (apparently a lot of the good private doctors are often on regular duty there).

Iymnok

Post Sun, Nov 27 2016, 2:24 pm
The nurse in charge of the nursery in Shaarei Tzedek is a doll. Berta. I was hospitalized for something else and she helped me with pumping and provided the extra storage for the milk as well. She also told me about different supplements and where to get them to boost my supply. And was also knowledgeable about which medications are safe for nursing.

rzab

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 3:14 am
amother wrote:

I didn't know that was an issue, thank you for the good advice!
Would you recommend registering at multiple hospitals for this reason?

rzab

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 3:20 am
Roots wrote:
I gave birth in shaarei zedek and bikur cholim
shaarei zedek was very proffessional. had great midwives. it really was great. they also had great food and the recuperation was excellent
I also enjoyed bikur cholim a bit more because while sharei zedek is huge and very busy a million things are always happening by the elevators people are always rushing, you know abig hospital and bikur cholim was more heimish. the women are almost all frum or arabs. its quiet. the only huge minus is if youre put on the second floor, you need to go down the elevator to the nursery on the first floor which is hard right after birth..
I never gave birth in hadassa sorry..
besha'a tova
just so you know most women have positive exeriences in all the major charedi hospitals (shaari zedek and bikur cholim in yerushalayim and also mayaney hayeshua in bnei brak and laniado in netanya) the midwives are amazing evrywhere (its a matter of luck)

oh also shaarei zedek is considered a charedi hospital which makes a difference if you have cohanim in your family and there is meis they put a sign by the entrance. (and other things like a washing cup by every sink and the midwife asked me if I wanted them to wash negel vasser to my new born baby which I thought was very nice)

So it's funny you mentioned that. My husband is a Cohen and until this week I assumed I would be going to SZ bc of that. Then someone told us that they thought that HEK improved in that regard. We got in touch with the rav of the hospital and it seems that they are also careful about putting up a sign etc. And they move the mes very quickly to a separate building with double doors etc. So no longer and issue.

Smile1234

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 3:50 am
And in bikur cholim there are no kohen issues at all.

hila

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 5:00 am
As a doula, I love HEK, the midwives are amazing, and their attitude put the yoledet as the centre of the world.
Also they have rooming in- biyut maleh- even with zero separation. This has shown to be the best for mum and baby. I feel that none of the nurserie are good, anywhere in teh country, and the babies have no voice to protest.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 2:44 pm
rzab wrote:
I didn't know that was an issue, thank you for the good advice!
Would you recommend registering at multiple hospitals for this reason?

If you register in Shaarei Tzeddek/Bikkur Cholim you always have the choice of going to the other as well.

Though TBH most people I know don't call the hospital first and I haven't heard of any issues.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions