Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Need advice- loosing my sanity!

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 5:52 am
Help! I need advice from all you wise women!
I have a 12 month old and a three week old, and we all sleep together in our one bedroom.
How do people do it!?
my newborn wakes my big girl up every time he cries, and I end up sleeping with one eye open so that I can grab him before he wakes his sister. My kids aren't sleeping well, I am not sleeping at all and my husband is awake with the rest of us!
We have a kitchen, living room and bathroom- none of which make sense to put either child in!
Please please advise! I know that people do this all the time and I am wondering HOW!
Thank you!
* We plan on moving in about four months, not possible to move before that*
*Annon because of incriminating details*

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 5:59 am
People do it because they have no choice. It's not like it's easy for anyone. It is what it is and you manage with what you have. I'm glad you are moving in a few months. Keep looking towards that and stay positive.

pizza4

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 6:03 am
Somehow you must put the older child out of your room. In the dining room. I lived in a one bedroom apartment and we moved our china closet up to open a space for a crib, like a room. Can you do that? Or even just in the middle of the dining room would be better than in your room with a newborn!! I know someone that put her baby into her walk in closet (hopefully empty) but I doubt you have one.

Roots

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 8:49 am
I used to keep the new born in the living room because I knew that I can hear him at night with the door open. and because hes so small the little bit of light or noise didnt bother him. and also the baby's bed is small and had wheels so it didnt make the house a mess (I think it might be harder for you to move the girl to a new sleeping space, everything is new now as it is with the new baby around)

also dont worry, your oldest will get used to the noise eventually. it will be very very hard for you at first but Beezrat Hashem it gets easier when the baby will sleep a drop more at a time.

try to sleep at day time when shes in gan..

cbg

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 1:10 pm
Can you put your 12m old in a crib in the living room?
There are cribs that are a little narrower and fit through a door with wheals that can easily be put into the bedroom during the day.
-or-
Is your couch comfortable for you to sleep on?
Your newborn can be in a pack n play and that can be put into the bedroom during the day.

Option 1 is really the best
Hatzlacha

debsey

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 1:16 pm
I'm another one who votes on "put the big one in the living room" as a temporary solution. I'm a big believer in creative solutions. When we lived in a townhouse, I had a 3 month old who was a super-light sleeper. I took half the clothes out of our walk-in closet, and put her crib in there! That way, she was close enough to nurse in middle of the night, but the other childrens' later bedtimes, coughing in the middle of the night, or just normal noises in my bedroom (DH snores) didn't wake her up.

Coffee Addict

Post Thu, Nov 24 2016, 1:23 pm
Definitely put your older one in the living room. Try to get a smaller bed to fit in. This option is MUCH better than a master room with 2 babies.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 12:47 pm
Move the older one into the living room if you can. Try to make a corner or special space for the crib, but even if you can't just don't think about how things look for now- this is temporary anyway.
If your older child can't sleep in the living room due to the fact that you're prob awake and moving around after their bedtime and that may keep them up (depending on if she's a light sleeper or not) then maybe think about you moving into the living room with the baby for a bit? My baby didn't sleep well at first (so unusual right? :-p) and my husband really needed to sleep so he could function at work so I actually slept on the sofa with my baby in his pack n play near me. You can get a blow up mattress if you'd prefer (personally I have a really comfy sofa). I know, I know it's really weird to think about not sleeping in the same room as your hubby but it's just for a little while and if it's TOO weird for you then get the blow up mattress and he can move into the living room with you!

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 1:02 pm
I lived like that with 4 kids.
Not easy, but you'll find something to complain about in every step in life, even when you live in a mansion, so appreciate what you have and stay positive.

Move your kid to the dining room or just outside your bedroom.

-and don't forget your baby is only 3 weeks old. It takes more time than that for other kids to get used to sleeping through new noise in the house.

myym

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 1:32 pm
Nobody mentioned this, but a sound machine works wonders, even if you are in the same room.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics