Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Book recommendations for 7 year old girl?#books
Previous  1  2

sushilover

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 7:46 pm
There are many picture books that are on higher levels than some chapter books. If your daughter enjoys picture books, encourage these books:
Dr. Seuss's longer stories (Horton Hears a Who, Bartholomew Cubbins...)
David A Adler Biography books (A Picture Book of Christopher Columbus, A Picture Book of Abraham Lincoln)
Berenstain Bear books (not the rhyming books. Those are on lower levels.)
Flat Stanley Picture book edition

To help her transition into chapter books when she is ready, I'd suggest
Young Cam Jansen series
Berenstain Bears chapter books
Flat Stanley (regular editions)
Rainbow Magic (so girly it makes my stomach turn, but second graders can't get enough of it)

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 5:39 am
Wow, thank you all for your great tips and taking the time to write them all down! I had a look at many of them and now the only problem is which books to buy first Very Happy I didn't know there a beginner books for Amalia Bedalia and ordered one now, I'll see how she likes that. I have no problem with her reading simple books and comics first, she has to read a lot for school and I think she wants to read something easy and relaxing at home that isn't too hard. We have the black princess books also and she loves them, now I have a lot more variety thanks to your suggestions.
One book I can recommend actually is "Rosie Reveer, engineer"- when I first bough it she loved it so much she took it to bed with her!

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 9:35 am
newbie wrote:
Wow, thank you all for your great tips and taking the time to write them all down! I had a look at many of them and now the only problem is which books to buy first Very Happy I didn't know there a beginner books for Amalia Bedalia and ordered one now, I'll see how she likes that. I have no problem with her reading simple books and comics first, she has to read a lot for school and I think she wants to read something easy and relaxing at home that isn't too hard. We have the black princess books also and she loves them, now I have a lot more variety thanks to your suggestions.
One book I can recommend actually is "Rosie Reveer, engineer"- when I first bough it she loved it so much she took it to bed with her!

I think it's great to have a house full of books, but do you have access to public libraries and Judaica lending libraries?

amother
Red

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 10:08 am
My 6.5 year old like Katie Woo books. They are simple and cute stories. We reserve them in the local library.

lfab

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 10:14 am
We recently discovered a series called Princess Posey which my nearly 7 year old first grader really likes. I personally haven't read them so I can't vouch for the quality of the writing, but she likes them. Not a real picture book with pictures on every page but does contain illustrations throughout.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics