Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Lakewood, Jackson bus passes
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 1:30 pm
amother wrote:
I remember the cheder bus, girls and boys, The good old days.

I think only some areas. Like my sister in laws and DH didn't have mixed - they are young 40s upper 30s.
but on the other side of the lake people do remember. I think it depended on the part of Lakewood.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 1:32 pm
But certainly no one was up in arms about it. Now people try to deny it Rolling Eyes

Chayalle

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 1:36 pm
I heard about the Cheder bus from some of my cousins. Where I grew up there was also a mixed bus, many many moons ago.

To be honest, I would not be in favor of mixed busing. There's enough bullying that goes on on buses with mixed ages of same gender kids. No need to throw boys vs. girls into the mix. If you don't know what I'm talking about, count your blessings.

Back to my question, I'm still wondering if everyone benefiting from non-mandated busing is going to pay $150, or only some of us.....

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 10:10 pm
Bais Yaakov High School required payment of the $150 per child when we picked up bus passes at the beginning of the year, and yes the check cleared the bank.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 10:17 pm
For my boys and girls I was required to pay $150. For My girls I paid and the check never cleared. For my boys rabbi Kanarek at the time said it's too confusing No one should pay and so far we have never been asked to pay so I don't know what is going on.

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 11:33 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I'm wondering if others have been asked to pay $150 for the non-mandatory busing. I was charged this amount by BK, but haven't heard from BF yet. Curious.

The two schools for which we get non-mandated bussing did ask us for $150 per kid.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 12:40 am
I paid for my both my daughters. But school starts at 9:15 and the bus doesn't come until 9:20 every day, and it takes them quite some time to get to school. My girls are complaining that they come late and miss most of davening every day. When I called the lady in charge she told me to be happy I have bussing and they can't fix anything at this point. I am very grateful that my kids have bussing because I know there are many that are still carpooling.
It doesn't take away the frustrations on mine(I need to wait for their bus to come before I can leave to work) and my kids' part though.😬😬😬 I did pay $300 for this!
Why is this town so dysfunctional when it comes to bussing????

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 12:58 am
amother wrote:
I paid for my both my daughters. But school starts at 9:15 and the bus doesn't come until 9:20 every day, and it takes them quite some time to get to school. My girls are complaining that they come late and miss most of davening every day. When I called the lady in charge she told me to be happy I have bussing and they can't fix anything at this point. I am very grateful that my kids have bussing because I know there are many that are still carpooling.
It doesn't take away the frustrations on mine(I need to wait for their bus to come before I can leave to work) and my kids' part though.😬😬😬 I did pay $300 for this!
Why is this town so dysfunctional when it comes to bussing????

TELL ME WHAT IN THIS TOWN ISNT DYSFUNCTIONAL

debsey

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 1:02 am
amother wrote:
For my boys and girls I was required to pay $150. For My girls I paid and the check never cleared. For my boys rabbi Kanarek at the time said it's too confusing No one should pay and so far we have never been asked to pay so I don't know what is going on.

I also had this- I paid with a check (a pretty significant sum, I have 3 sons in one school) and the check was never deposited! It's a little annoying when I balance the checkbook because technically that money is not available, even though it's in the account. I asked the school they said they don't know why that is.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 9:02 am
both my boy's and girl's schools asked before they gave me the passes.

My girl's were also being picked up at 9:20 for a while. My DH is very persistent and really bugged the school and bus company in the end they put her on a different route.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 11:40 am
Orchos Chaim asked for the money a few weeks ago.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 1:22 pm
Wake up lakewooders. The politicians are getting something here. That's why we're looking the way we do. Menashe miller gets money for bmg and that's the answer. He gets them money and everyone else suffers cause of it. Bmg doesn't give a hoot about us all as long as they can get money. Bmg has the block vote so nothing will change if the lakewooders continue like sheep for bmg. If lakewooders want change they will have to go against bmg and as far as that it's not changing. So stop complaining. We are doing this to ourselves. Bmg is money hungry. Even though they own half of Lakewood including most of the forests.

Now let the apples fall.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 2:16 pm
amother wrote:
Wake up lakewooders. The politicians are getting something here. That's why we're looking the way we do. Menashe miller gets money for bmg and that's the answer. He gets them money and everyone else suffers cause of it. Bmg doesn't give a hoot about us all as long as they can get money. Bmg has the block vote so nothing will change if the lakewooders continue like sheep for bmg. If lakewooders want change they will have to go against bmg and as far as that it's not changing. So stop complaining. We are doing this to ourselves. Bmg is money hungry. Even though they own half of Lakewood including most of the forests.

Now let the apples fall.

Totally agree. The entire town is a mess. I moved to Jackson and now I can circumvent Lakewoods traffic (dunno for how long tho) . The non stop building on every inch of grass and the tiny bit of benefits that you get from enormous taxes is ridiculous. BMG getting all that land by avenue of Americas for approving blueclaws stadium is ridiculous. Someone could've bought that for a ton of money. I'm just nervous cuz it seems like Jackson is going to turn into another Lakewood with all the chassidish developments that theyre planning here.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 2:18 pm
amother wrote:
Totally agree. The entire town is a mess. I moved to Jackson and now I can circumvent Lakewoods traffic (dunno for how long tho) . The non stop building on every inch of grass and the tiny bit of benefits that you get from enormous taxes is ridiculous. BMG getting all that land by avenue of Americas for approving blueclaws stadium is ridiculous. Someone could've bought that for a ton of money. I'm just nervous cuz it seems like Jackson is going to turn into another Lakewood with all the chassidish developments that theyre planning here.

Yea, moved to Jackson too and could not believe they are letting that happen here. They never learn. You're right they must not care at all.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics