Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Mehadrin food in the Rechavia area

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 5:58 am
We are staying in Rechavia. I know the Mehadrin options are limited. Where are the local makolets and supermarkets (if any.)? Do the stores have hashgacha over the whole store (like kosher supermarkets in the US) or would I just check each item like in a major grocery chain?
What are the Mehadrin restaurants in the Rechavia area?
Someone suggested I buy Shabbos take out at a place called "Heimish Essen." Then I heard that it closed down or lost its hechsher. Anyone have current info?
What do I do about fruit/vegetables in terms of truma?
Thanks!

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 6:21 am
Where in Rechavia are you staying? There's a lot of small makolets but it depends which area you are in - if you're near the city center or at the other end near Katamon.

There's a Superfresh on Keren Kayemet Street. (If you're willing to walk a bit more, there's a bigger Superfresh on Hillel Street.)

There's a Co-op in the Wolfson tower, but I find that's more expensive.

There's a fruit and vegetables store on Keren Kayemet, on the corner of Green's. I think that has a mehadrin hechsher.

There's a small makolet around the corner from that veg store - you can get delicious muffins, cakes, challah from Brooklyn Bakery, on Friday, it's run by Americans with great service, and it has a lot of American products.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 7:38 am
[quote="amother"

There's a fruit and vegetables store on Keren Kayemet, on the corner of Green's. I think that has a mehadrin hechsher
.[/quote]
Thanks so much. What is "Green's"?

essie14

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 7:42 am
amother wrote:
[quote="amother"

There's a fruit and vegetables store on Keren Kayemet, on the corner of Green's. I think that has a mehadrin hechsher

Thanks so much. What is "Green's"?[/quote]

Green's is a cafe on KKL Street
http://jerusalem-sites.info/gr......com/

shabri

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 3:28 pm
There is a mehadrin Shabbos take out place on Ibn Shaprut called Shabbos Bistro (machpud hechsher)
There is a French deli that has Shabbos food from heimeshe Essen. On Keren Kayemet, corner of Porush.
There is an Angels bakery which sells challah as well as soups/salads/sandwiches. (rabanut Mehadrin)
Greens, bagel store with salads and soups (Rubin)
There is a cafe Belinda's in the Wolfson buildings (Rabanut mehadrin)
There is a cafe called ShoshCafe Keren Kayemet corner of Ussishkin. Chasam sofer
There is a burger place called Tommy's (machpud). Keren Kayemet further up
There is a katsefet froyo
Pizza store Zomicks (Keren Kayemet
Super fresh is a makolet. Lots of American products, fruit and veggies are Eida
Coop shop in Wolfson, lots of mehadrin, not everything you have to check but produce is Rav Efrati
Produce store on the corner of Ibn Shaprut is Belz I think
Nemerovs is another makolet. Lots of American stuff plus gets challah and bakery stuff on Fridays

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 3:32 pm
Thank you! Is there some sort of map or website where I can get exact addresses? We haven't been to Israel in years and I'd like to figure out where everything is beforehand.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 3:49 pm
amother wrote:

There's a fruit and vegetables store on Keren Kayemet, on the corner of Green's. I think that has a mehadrin hechsher.

There's a small makolet around the corner from that veg store - you can get delicious muffins, cakes, challah from Brooklyn Bakery, on Friday, it's run by Americans with great service, and it has a lot of American products.

Anyone have a name/address for this makolet, please?

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 3:56 pm
amother wrote:
Anyone have a name/address for this makolet, please?

I think it's called Halak. I don't know the exact address though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics