Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
NEW YORK AREA PLEASE HELP!!!!

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 9:29 am
My husband and I are wanting to move to the NYC area to have a bigger jewish life than we have now right now. We are just a plain frum family! I cover my hair fully but no stockings etc. I love dressing up, in to fashion and having fun in general. My husband is a businessman and dresses accordingly. Being both baal yeshivas ,we are still strongly connected to our secular values while living a true Torah life. Right now our kids are at a right wing yeshiva. Although we love the school for its Torah values we are very very unhappy with the academics, the attitude towards secular studies and how unprofessionally it is run in general. We want to move to the NY area because we want our kids to get a great Torah and secular education. Not even mentioning the restaurants and many like minded people that we would love hanging out with. The community in our city is too yeshivish for us and we end up becoming friends with secular Israilis or conservative jews, which is great but then our shakos experience is problematic. I guess we are bit of tired trying to balance our secular and religious life in this city and want to move to a place where we can find many people like us.
So far we looked into the UWS and Teaneck area. Don't know the community in the UWS well but the schools were too left wing for us. We check few schools in Teaneck area and really liked them cuz for us they were the perfect balance of religious and academic excellency. My only concern about Teaneck is that it looks a bit suburban and not esthetically appealing much. I know its close to the city but still... I hear shabbos is amazing in Teaneck which is really really important for us as we have small children and we love learning and hearing shiurim.
I would really really appreciate if you could think of any other communities that you think we would fit in.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 9:42 am
Flatbush?
Kew Garden Hills?
Riverdale?

if you can afford it, places in Westchester County? Rye? Scarsdale? I don't know much about Westchester except what people have told me. And I know nothing about Jersey so I can't help you there. I do hope you find somewhere!

doctorima

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 10:22 am
Didn't you already start a different thread on this exact topic?

skee

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 11:15 am
Five towns - sounds like you would find people there who you can relate to - there are many different types. And also many schools to choose from.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating