Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Long Branch

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 11:23 pm
Does anyone here live in long branch? Can you give me some info on the community? Someone suggested it for us...desperate to get out of Lakewood

Simple1

Post Sun, Oct 30 2016, 11:26 pm
I don't live there, but know people who do. There's a Sephardic-Syrian frum community there. It might be hard to fit in there if you're not the type.

mommee

Post Mon, Oct 31 2016, 9:23 am
I also don't live there but know people who do (and have for many years). There are lots of Syrians but there is a small ashkenaz community and shul as well. As far as I've seen, it is MO, vastly different from the Lakewood crowd.

avocadochoc

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 9:16 pm
The community is more of a be your own self kind of crowd. no one really cares what the other person is doing- which is great! unless you move to a specific few blocks in long branch you are not going to get that whole neighbors thing like u have in lakewood(which is a plus for us!) school is limited but a good number of us send to lakewood schools anyway. we have a sprinkle of ashkenazim but it is a very syrian crowd-in other words when it comes time for shidduchim you will end up looking out of the community(very rare do syrians marry ashkenazim)

avocadochoc

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 9:17 pm
The community is more of a be your own self kind of crowd. no one really cares what the other person is doing- which is great! unless you move to a specific few blocks in long branch you are not going to get that whole neighbors thing like u have in lakewood(which is a plus for us!) school is limited but a good number of us send to lakewood schools anyway. we have a sprinkle of ashkenazim but it is a very syrian crowd-in other words when it comes time for shidduchim you will end up looking out of the community(very rare do syrians marry ashkenazim)

Simple1

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 9:21 pm
mommee wrote:
I also don't live there but know people who do (and have for many years). There are lots of Syrians but there is a small ashkenaz community and shul as well. As far as I've seen, it is MO, vastly different from the Lakewood crowd.

Long branch also has a of Syrians who identify as more yeshivish. They even have a kollel.

avocadochoc

Post Fri, Dec 02 2016, 11:00 am
yes we have r diamonds kollel and a kollel in park ave shul. there are some ashkenazim that come from lakewood to learn there
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating