Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Split queen bed comfort?

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Dec 02 2016, 3:16 pm
I'm considering a split queen mattress for my guest bedroom. Right now we have a single queen.

One of the reasons I am considering this is that my MIL and her mother or MIL and a grandchild visit often. A grandchild can sleep on an air mattress, but my MIL and GMIL can't don't have the mobility to do that. An uncomfortable fact is that my MIL is at least 300 lbs, probably closer to 350. I'm concerned that the narrow size will be uncomfortable or impossible for her. A twin in 39" wide and a split queen is 30" when not together.

Has anyone slept on one of these 30" mattresses? Was it comfortable for you?

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Dec 02 2016, 3:59 pm
I cannot imagine a 350 lb person being comfortable on a 30 inch wide mattress. I also can't imagine a 133 lb person (me) being comfortable on it either.

animeme

Post Sat, Dec 03 2016, 7:44 pm
Do you not have space for two twins?

Also, how does one queen work when you have a married couple over, of they are niddah?

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 12:31 pm
animeme wrote:
Do you not have space for two twins?

Currently have a queen and it's an OK fit. Two twins would be at minimum 9" wider, and in that space it makes a difference. The bedrooms in my house except for master are small and built for kids with single twins.

Quote:

Also, how does one queen work when you have a married couple over, of they are niddah?

The only people that stay over are non-Jewish family and friends visiting from the town where I grew up. The split queen solves the niddah problem because it's designed to be split into two beds when needed. I don't host overnight much, TBH. For various reasons it's difficult for us.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics