Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Do you cover your hair at home?
Previous  1  2  3

Librarian

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 1:40 pm
I always cover my hair - wig outside, israeli style kerchief when I am done for the day. I also sleep in a comfortable snood and have since the day after I was married. One of my proudest moments was many years ago when I put on a new wig and my son asked me "mommy is that your hair". I am not chasidish just a regular college educated woman

amazingmommy

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 2:43 pm
Always covered besides for at night...

Water Stones

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 2:47 pm
I don't cover my hair at home. Only if not family men are here.

momtra

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 2:58 pm
Nope. Only if non family people are over, and during meals

anotherima

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 3:58 pm
eema of 3 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the Halacha is just that he can't look at you.

Yes, but we found that to be a pain.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 5:36 pm
Yes with a snood, or sheitel. But once I shower and get to bed it's off and sometimes in the early a.m. And I'm still half asleep I'll walk out of my room uncovered to wake my kids.

Teomima

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 7:52 pm
Nope

hesha

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 7:55 pm
when you're nidda, the halacha is to cover your hair whenever your husband is around. it could be tricky if your hair is not covered before, it would mean running to get a scarf the minute you hear his key in the lock.

there is also tremendous bracha that comes from covering your hair even at home, even if nobody is there to see it. As in the story of the woman named kimchis from the gemara.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 9:35 pm
hesha wrote:
when you're nidda, the halacha is to cover your hair whenever your husband is around. it could be tricky if your hair is not covered before, it would mean running to get a scarf the minute you hear his key in the lock.

there is also tremendous bracha that comes from covering your hair even at home, even if nobody is there to see it. As in the story of the woman named kimchis from the gemara.

About covering when nidda, not everyone holds that way.
And about the bracha of covering from the story of kimchit, not everyone believes that story to hold any water about covering all of the time. (and how in the world was it a bracha? All of her sons died, one after the next.)

heidi

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 9:36 pm
hesha wrote:

The moderators are going to remove this, bcz. they obviously have not checked with their LOR, but this is NOT the halacha.
It is a geder, part of the harchakot.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 9:54 pm
heidi wrote:
The moderators are going to remove this, bcz. they obviously have not checked with their LOR, but this is NOT the halacha.
It is a geder, part of the harchakot.
heidi, I wrote pretty much the same above. Hope the moderators wont remove it. Its true that not everyone follows the same ways.

tziviakayla

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 10:03 pm
I wear tichels (wrapunzel-style) outside the home, and pre-tieds all the time at home. I even wear them when I am sleeping. Only time it's not worn is if it slips off when I am sleeping or my girls want to braid my hair during a game of "hair salon"! Smile

gold21

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 10:28 pm
eema of 3 wrote:
Why did I get a hug for this?

Because some women on this site suffer from Hug-itis. Confused

Haha bring on the hugs now Wink I could use a few!!

heidi

Post Thu, Dec 01 2016, 11:22 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
heidi, I wrote pretty much the same above. Hope the moderators wont remove it. Its true that not everyone follows the same ways.

Sorry, must have typed at the same time LOL

Ruchel

Post Fri, Dec 02 2016, 3:53 am
My kallah teacher recomme,ded not covering my hair at home so it wouldn't become a "usually covered" part I would have to cover during nidda.

I would probably ask my husband to wear blinders during nidda if I had to. I'm a migrainer, so yeah... It's one of the last things I would take on.

BrachaBatya

Post Fri, Dec 02 2016, 10:58 am
No. At least not usually.

smilingmom

Post Sat, Dec 03 2016, 4:15 pm
According to the Mishnah Brueriah, there is no halchic requirement for women to cover their hair. The prohibition is for a man not to see, make brachos, or learn in front of uncovered hair.
As for me I used to only cover when there were men around other than my husband or sons.
(Now, I try to cover all the time because my hair fell out from chemo and seeing my bald head is a constant reminder that I have cancer).
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels