Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
HONEY, BOURBON & CHILI– GLAZED SALMON

Amarante

Post Sat, Dec 03 2016, 7:56 pm
This was very tasty and a nice switch up from the more usual teriyaki type of salmon glazes and what isn't improved with a shot or two of whiskey. LOL Very Happy

HONEY, BOURBON & CHILI– GLAZED SALMON

Excerpt From: Tanya Holland - Brown Sugar Kitchen: New-Style, Down-Home Recipes from Sweet West Oakland

SERVES 4

Fresh wild salmon definitely qualifies as a splurge, but it’s one I indulge in as often as I can during the season, which runs from May to October. The fish requires careful cooking to maintain its succulent flavor. As soon as the milky white juices appear on the surface, it’s done. Alvin, a neightbor to our restaurant B-Side Barbecue, eats this dish several times a week. He’s a testament to the power of our consistency. The flavor of salmon is more intense than other fish varieties, so it can handle this boldly flavored glaze. We serve it with a simple mixed green salad.

1/4 CUP/85 G honey
1 1/2 TBSP bourbon
2 TBSP chili powder
1/2 TSP ground ginger
1/4 TSP freshly ground pepper
1/4 TSP salt
1/2 TSP lime zest
Juice of 1/2 lime
FOUR 6-oz/170-g skin-on salmon fillets

In a small bowl, combine the honey, bourbon, chili powder, ginger, pepper, salt, lime zest, and lime juice.

Preheat the broiler and position the oven rack 6 in/15 cm below the broiler element. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Put the salmon fillets, skin-side down, on the prepared baking sheet and spoon the glaze evenly over them.

Broil, without turning, until the glaze is bubbling and salmon is no longer opaque in the center, about 8 minutes. Serve immediately.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics