Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How to clean suit pants

Jk2018

Post Fri, Dec 02 2016, 8:37 am
Hi,
Anyone have advice on how to clean suit pants at home (can't afford dry cleaning)? I usually wash my husband's pants in the regular wash that I put on warm/cool and then only put it in the dryer for 3-5 minutes and then iron once it's dry. The problem that I think I am having is that the pants wear out so quickly by washing them so regularly. He ends up needing new suit pants way more often than we can afford. I was looking into things like getting a fabric steamer or using a dryel kit. Anyone have any experience with these? Any other recommendations? We just got him a new wool suit and I'm hesitant to wash the pants because I don't want to ruin them. The other black pants we get him are polyester material I think.
Thanks in advanced!

tf

Post Sat, Dec 03 2016, 11:58 pm
Pants always wear out faster than the other parts of a suit. I simply buy 2 pants immediately so he has what to change into so I can wash the worn ones. I don't think you can find a way out. Sorry.
BTW, wool fabric is much more delicate than any other, and needs special care. For this reason, I don't buy wool to begin with.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry