Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Segulah of Rebbe M'Riminov

PurpleandGold

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 8:47 pm
As part of the segulah of lighting with olive oil for forty days l'illui nishmas the Riminover Rebbe, one should publicize when his Tefillah is answered. I am using this forum to publicize that my bakasha was fulfilled chutz m'derech hateva.

Nikki

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 9:19 pm
I thought the Segula was with a yar tzeit candle.

Also did it happen right away?

Fiveboyz

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 9:57 pm
Wow please please share exactly what you did also how did it work on shabbos morning ? Did you lite the same time every day and were you comfortable leaving candles lit when you left the house? Thank you for publicizing

PurpleandGold

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 10:45 pm
Here is how to perform the segulah:

One should light with pure olive oil every day before shkeiah for forty days. Before lighting one should give a coin to tzedaka, the same amount every day, and say "I am giving this tzedaka and lighting this flame l'ilui nishmas Rebbe Menachem Mendel Ben Yosef M'Riminov.". After lighting, daven that the zechuyos of the Rebbe of Riminov should stand for you, and that Hashem allow the Rebbe to be a meilitz yosher for you in shamayim as you make your bakasha. Then make your bakasha (there should be only one bakasha, the same one for all forty days). After making your request, promise that you will publicize this segulah when you receive your yeshua.
For Shabbos, light your flame for the Rebbe M'Riminov right before you bentch licht. (You should have already lit for Friday earlier in the day.)
Hatzlacha and may you see a yeshua very soon!

flippingout18!

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 10:58 pm
mazel tov! can it work with regular tea lights too?

Nikki

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 12:15 am
How much olive oil do you use and for how long does the candle last? Is it supposed to be lit for 24 hours?

PurpleandGold

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 8:42 am
I lit with enough oil to last a little over an hour, there is no specified time for the flame to stay lit (that I know of...). Truly the teffilos and tears are the main focus of the segulah, the flame gives aliyas neshoma to the Rebbe, who promised in return to be meilitz yosher for you in davening for your request.

Fiveboyz

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 10:12 pm
How many candles? And did you use the glass cups ? And as someone mentioned can tea lights be used
Thank you

PurpleandGold

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 10:28 pm
One flame, only use pure olive oil

Fiveboyz

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 10:51 pm
Thanks south for your responding !! Did you use glass neronim little glass cups ?
I'm really hoping to do this asap

Fiveboyz

Post Tue, Nov 29 2016, 10:51 pm
So much

PurpleandGold

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 8:33 am
My pleasure. I used a glass cup with oil and a wick like what is used for benching licht. May your tefillos be answered l'tova.

kalsee

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 8:40 am
What do you do Motzei Shabbos?

hotmom

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 9:35 am
Just curious!!!
I never heard one needs to light with pure olive oil... I use regular tea candles

PurpleandGold

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 9:42 am
No need to light motzei Shabbos. Remember, the segulah is performed daily before shekiah, so the light immediately before licht bentchin covers Shabbos, and then you light again on Sunday.

The Rebbe asked for pure olive oil, as it is most mehudar and gives the stronest , most intense light.

Please remember that the intensity of kavanah, focus on Hashem's sole ability to bring the yeshua, and tears and begging language of your bakasha are as essential as the "method" of the segulah. May you see a yeshua bekarov!

Nikki

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 12:23 pm
Did you speak to someone before you did it? Because I was told the segula is to light a yar tzeit light right before skiah and motzei shabbos you do the same light by chanuka licht right after havdala.

The thing is to have the light last twenty four hours I never heard that it should only be lit for an hour.

The same way by a parents yar tzeit we light a yar tzeit candle.

Also did you give tzedaka to the same place every day and how much are you supposed to give?

PurpleandGold

Post Wed, Nov 30 2016, 12:47 pm
Hi Nikki, the above is how I was instructed to do the segulah, using olive oil, giving a coin (in any amount, the same amount daily), and making the bakasha in the way I described above. I was told simply before shekiah each day, not directly before (except for the flame for Shabbos).
I was not told to keep the flame lit for 24 hours. That is a beautiful idea, as all the time the flame is lit, the neshama of the niftar has an aliyah, but I was told pure olive oil, without a specified amount of time.
I performed the segulah in the way I described. B"H, my yeshua was realized, and my gratitude to the Ribono Shel Olam for answering my prayer is boundless.
Please remember that with all segulos, the main thing is to strengthen your bond in Tefillah with your Creator, and use the segulah to aid your merits.

Butterfly

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 7:19 pm
hotmom wrote:
Just curious!!!
I never heard one needs to light with pure olive oil... I use regular tea candles

Never heard of it either. I use tea candles as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics