Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Book for teenagers

Ashrei

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 5:37 pm
Hello - Chai lifeline is having their toy drive, and as many years, they are indicating a request especially for toys for teenagers. I thought I'd buy some books. My kids are still young and I was wondering if you could recommend any specific books I could get online to donate to chai lifeline. I figure we can get 2, one for a boy and one for a girl. Any suggestions? (frum books)

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 6:06 pm
My initial thought was Miracle Ride a book written by a cancer survivor about her journey... she writes it as a teen, it is written with humor and a very upbeat tone . I know many teenagers that loved the book and found it tremendously realistic and inspiring .

On the other hand it may not be sensitive and these children may just want goods old fashion typical novel to "escape with"

Wondering what others think ...

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 6:46 pm
Excellent teen book for both genders is "What if". The second and third is based on the parsha. It has interesting scenarios and before you read the conclusion your can have a discussion as to what you think happens.

cnc

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 7:03 pm
Following I also got the letter and specifically want to get gifts for teenagers.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 7:30 pm
cnc wrote:
Following I also got the letter and specifically want to get gifts for teenagers.

When I was 14 I was bedridden for the better part of the year. A neighbor of mine bought me a scrapbook. It was the best gift I've ever received. I was able to do my scrapbooking from bed and it turned into my favorite hobby. Something I still do. Giving an empty scrapbook with some basic supplies is a nice gift for a teenage girl
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children