Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Is something wrong with my baby or is this normal?

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 1:46 am
My 8 month old dear daughter is very active kah, since she was born.. Never a dull moment with her.. While she nurses she doesn't stop moving her hands.. She needs to touch something constantly. She has a little fuzzy blanket that must b with her when she nurses and when she sleeps. She's also extremely active always yelling and needing stimulation and my attention. She's absolutely adorable and everyone says she's a character and so much fun. Yet me as the mother is just wondering if there's any room for worry. Will she have difficulty learning due to her activeness?

seeker

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 1:51 am
You can't really extrapolate to the long-term future from an 8-month-old's activity in this sense.
Wanting to hold onto something while nursing is definitely very normal.
Constantly needing stimulation and attention is something you might be able to try to wean her away from. But the truth is it sounds like she's your first, kids with siblings have built-in social stimulation but you're her only companion.
What happens when she yells for you and you aren't available, and there are other amusements at hand? Does she just keep yelling or will she go play?
Is she able to crawl and get around or is she depending on you for that as well?

Roots

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 11:39 am
normal. all my kids are like that never a dull moment, especially my first who is like 4.5 already. we still dont have a dull moment with her. and many times I would ask my husband if he thinks shes hyperactive. and he would tell me "you are always with her and contantly finding things for her to do , she never sits quiety because you got her used to always being busy with something else.
B"H the rest of my kids were also like that, not quite like her though bec she was the only one around here for me to play with all day.

and about the blanket - you allowed her to get used to it. if it doesnt bother you, keep it, if yes, you can wean her off it.

wait till she grows p a bit she'll mature Beezrat Hashem

enjoy her
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)