Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Does $30 wash and set still exist in BP?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 2:04 pm
amother wrote:
Cornflower, how much do you charge?

$50

Fiveboyz

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 2:55 pm
I do her name is Margarita she's an honest lady who is so sweet she lives in Georgetown /mill Basin. I believe she will do pick up / drop
Off from Flatbush

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 12:13 am
my shaitel macher recently told me that putting curls in the long shaitels takes much more time than it did a year or 2 back when she was basically blowing straight. So that may be part of the reason prices are rising as well.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 12:21 am
Shevy Geller 718 686 1658

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 12:55 am
amother wrote:
my shaitel macher recently told me that putting curls in the long shaitels takes much more time than it did a year or 2 back when she was basically blowing straight. So that may be part of the reason prices are rising as well.

This was my first thought, too.

But if that's the case there should be price brackets, like a menu of styles and prices to match. I like my sheitel plain and simple. Why do I have to shell out so much because of a trend I have not taken part in?

I agree with the suggestion to find a young newbie starting out. I sent a young girl in the neighborhood an old sheitel I knew I wouldn't be devastated if it got further ruined, and she did a great job for $25. So far she hasn't gone up in price but who knows how long I will stay so lucky.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 3:21 am
in our community there are 3 sheitelmachers. neither charges more than 25. how come bp with sooo many shaitel machers can charge more? I though the highter the competition, the lower the price???

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 7:55 am
amother wrote:
Thank you ramom and amother ecru.
I feel really bad for clients that can't afford the services. But guess what? I have bills to pay too. We are not money hungry we are a hard working clan earning our rightful pay through our sweat and blood literally.
I'm not complaining. I love what I do and I love making people pretty.
But it irks me when people complain (not to me really, my clients appreciate my work) and say we're raking it in.
I once saw a good quote "Don't say I'm too expensive, just say you can't afford me, it makes more sense".

And if you are raking it in?! Good for you!! You have just as much right to rake it in as the next person!

Butterfly

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 10:05 am
silly wrote:
I use german by 15 and 45

So do I Wink and am extremely happy with her service.

silly

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 10:16 am
Me 2

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 10:16 am
amother wrote:
This was my first thought, too.

But if that's the case there should be price brackets, like a menu of styles and prices to match. I like my sheitel plain and simple. Why do I have to shell out so much because of a trend I have not taken part in?

I agree with the suggestion to find a young newbie starting out. I sent a young girl in the neighborhood an old sheitel I knew I wouldn't be devastated if it got further ruined, and she did a great job for $25. So far she hasn't gone up in price but who knows how long I will stay so lucky.

So some shaitel machers (like mine) charge a bit more for longer wigs or for curls...

I personally found that the newbies sets did not last so well so my wigs needed to be redone more often-costing me more $ in the long run. I would pay $25-30 and need to get it redone every 6 weeks. Now I pay $45 and I do it every 3-4 months. It really depends on your style....someone not so experienced is perfectly fine for a plain straight wig.

sky

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 11:51 am
(I don't set my sheitels very often and my great SM only charges 35)

I also look at it this way - if I wasn't covering my hair I would still be spending a ton on up keeping , especially as I get older. I'd be dying, coloring, cutting, straightening and spending on styling products.

If I spend 2500 on a shetiel for 5 years (my sheitel was half this price anyway). Its about 42\month. + 35 wash and set every 3 months. I'm spending about 50\month on wearing a sheitel. Its a lot of money.
But I have a feeling if I didn't cover my hair I'd be spending only slightly less ( I see the women I work with in my age category spend a lot to keep their hair looking nice).
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries