Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Games for shabbos ?

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 11:00 pm
Please recommend find games like card games or board games or anything for a 5 yr old boy to play with his parents, siblings... please only games I can get in Israel Smile thank you !!!

seeker

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 11:05 pm
Rat-a-tat Cat is a huge favorite with our 5-year-old set. I am pretty sure they have a hebrew version but forgot what it's called.

rachel6543

Post Sun, Dec 04 2016, 11:30 pm
I don't know if u can get in israel, but Connect Four is a great game for 5 years old.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 12:37 am
Rummi kub, uno

seeker

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 12:40 am
5 is a great age to learn Uno.
Chutes and Ladders.

seeker

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 12:40 am
Spot-it

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 10:16 pm
Can I get all the above in Israel? That's what they called here? Thank you so much Smile

seeker

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 10:19 pm
I forget the specific names but you can google them and look for something similar in your local toy store. From what I've seen the packaging seems to be similar. Others like connect 4 are classics that have a lot of knockoffs but would have a picture on the box of what it looks like and you pretty much
can't miss it.

12rivkyk34

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 10:23 pm
Jewish games they'll sell in sforim stores like shankees...
kosher land is like candy land, let's go shopping for shabbos, mitzvah bingo (maybe called mitzvah lotto) good because a lot of people can play, there's a Jewish version of zingo, chutes and ladders definitely has a judaica version and I think there's a rush hour in judaica stores as well. My kids love playing othello, you may be able to find that somewhere.

seeker

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 10:32 pm
How did they Jewishize Rush Hour?! Scratching Head

5 is young for Othello. A bright kid who has some experience with games can probably learn the rules but won't really appreciate it.

RachelEve14

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 4:42 am
You can get spot it here, it looks the same just google and look at the box (it's a yellow, circle metal can with cards). there are a bunch of razenberger games also but I'm not home now to look. We have one with a penguine like don't break the ice my kids really like.

chanchy123

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 5:11 am
seeker wrote:
Rat-a-tat Cat is a huge favorite with our 5-year-old set. I am pretty sure they have a hebrew version but forgot what it's called.

חתחתול

salt

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 5:40 am
Memory game - 'mischak hazikaron'.
'Taki' - fun coloured card game.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 7:19 am
DD loved Crazy 8's and Go Fish. She mastered the rules almost immediately. We joked that she would pay her way through sem as a card shark!

Now that she's older, we love Bananagrams. It comes in English and Hebrew versions. You could use the letter tiles to do simple spelling games that you make up yourself.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 6:32 pm
Checkers is age appropriate.

I suggest going to a store and looking around - they have a lot of good options here. We are in Israel. My daughter has a memory game with yoga poses - you make a match and do the pose. Best game ever. We went to a store to look for a lotto game and came home with this one instead because we saw it on a shelf. Going to look really works!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children