Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Advice for a red sheital

zelda

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 1:27 pm
Hi.

I really need some help.

I want to buy a new sheital but I have so many issues that is making it very difficult.

Please recommend a company that sells red sheitals, size large, and has curly or wavy textured hair.

Or a sheital macher who would be willing to work with me.

Thanks.

cnc

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 1:29 pm
Esther Aron in FLatbush specializes in reds. I know a few people who have gotten beautiful wigs by her.

behappy2

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 1:44 pm
My sister has red hair. I can find out where she got her sheitels and if she was happy.

zelda

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 11:22 pm
Thanks.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 8:16 am
Same here. I wish I could afford an Esther one!

I buy light brown sheitels, and dye them myself. Clairol Natural Instincts is my best friend. Very Happy It's really hard to find a red that matches my skin tone, so it's best if I can blend my own colors. My main sheitel is a $900 Milano, and I get tons of compliments on it.

giselle

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 8:30 am
Frady Goldstein in Lakewood specializes in reds and is a pleasure to work with. Haven't bought from her but I've had a lot of work done on my wigs with her. Try Sary if you need something more affordable...

icedteaa

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 8:54 am
I would try Gali Wigs. They have the best customer service!!! & they have reasonable prices. It's definitely worth the trip to Great Neck to their main place. I'm a proud owner of a Gali wig. I get compliments all the time! Hope you're successful!

zelda

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 10:10 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Same here. I wish I could afford an Esther one!

I buy light brown sheitels, and dye them myself. Clairol Natural Instincts is my best friend. Very Happy It's really hard to find a red that matches my skin tone, so it's best if I can blend my own colors. My main sheitel is a $900 Milano, and I get tons of compliments on it.
m

Thanks. I really want a Milano because I'm looking for comfort and I heard great things about the freedom cap. But I needs a large 😬And it's special order. How often do you dye yours? If I bought a strawberry blonde or something and dyed it to my color I wonder how often I'd have to do it.....

behappy2

Post Sat, Dec 10 2016, 9:54 pm
My sister has two Irene wigs and she is very happy with them

ysdm

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 12:31 am
giselle wrote:
Frady Goldstein in Lakewood specializes in reds and is a pleasure to work with. Haven't bought from her but I've had a lot of work done on my wigs with her. Try Sary if you need something more affordable...
I think it's spelled fradee. I'm a redhead. Its not so easy to find red ones

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 6:28 am
zelda wrote:
m

Thanks. I really want a Milano because I'm looking for comfort and I heard great things about the freedom cap. But I needs a large 😬And it's special order. How often do you dye yours? If I bought a strawberry blonde or something and dyed it to my color I wonder how often I'd have to do it.....

I don't wear it every day, so I haven't had a problem with sun bleaching. The nice thing about Natural Instincts is that it doesn't strip the hair, it actually deep conditions it, so if you find that you have to redo it eventually, it's not a problem.

Before I got married I colored my own hair with the same dye, and I never noticed any fading at all. I just redid my hair when the roots grew out, but there was no change in the dyed color.

My Milano is super comfortable. I just have a regular one. I took the clips out and use a wig grip. It's 7 years old now, and still looks as good as the day I bought it. I have a wavy style that is just past my shoulders. The only problem I had with it was that the amount of hair was THICK, and I had to have it thinned quite a bit in order for it to lay more naturally. You don't have to worry about getting skimpy coverage, that's for sure!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels