Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Koindinover rebbi (sp?) and question

amother
Green

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 5:24 pm
DS has a big decision that he is grappling with over his future plans. He has to make a this decision by Friday. Out of the blue we get a phone call from the koidinover rebbi(not sure how to spell that) Calling to check on ds and see how he is.
The Rebbi came to my son's high school about 4 years ago and he maybe spoke to each boy for about 30 seconds. Don't even know how he got our number. When I told his mashgiach my son wasn't home- he did not even ask me for a donation while he had me on the phone.
Is this weird??? We are not rebbi people- the last time I went to a rebbi (who had no idea who I was or my back story and spent less than 5 minutes talking to me) was a disaster when he told me my miscarriage (at 8 weeks) was my fault and I should not have been taking BC and I should drink a vile of his special wine...
So having this rebbi call out of nowhere to check on my son is totally CREEPY!!!!
Anyone know anything about him?

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 5:49 pm
Your sure it wasn't a prank call?

Iymnok

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 5:57 pm
The Kaliver Rebbe?

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 6:05 pm
I don't know anything about this rebbe, but coincidentally I just happened to read that he's visiting in my city this week (Baltimore).

http://baltimorejewishlife.com.....6.pdf

amother
Green

Post Tue, Dec 06 2016, 7:51 pm
Thanks for sharing the link- now I know how to spell Koidenover : )
We live in the Maryland area as well- still weird that he would find our number and call and remember the name of my son.

I was thinking it was a prank call at first, but the mashgiach who called knew too much information.

sourstix

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 3:23 am
Something doesn't sound right here. A chasidishe rebbe doesn't call people this way. I smell a rat. Please make sure this is legit and not a prank. Or something not safe. Whatever make sure your ds doesn't meet him. If yes then not alone
Whatever the mashgiach is saying. Does this mashgiach work in your ds yeshiva? Did he give out this info? He should ask you first. I know I sound untrusting. Because something isn't right here

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 3:26 pm
She probably was referring to the Rebbe's gabbai, not the mashgiach.

And Rebbes (not the big time ones) might call people if they worry about them.

Cmon be nice

Post Wed, Dec 07 2016, 4:19 pm
The Kaliver Rebba (if thats who OP is referring to ) follows up with people he's met, though he's unfortunately not well and has other people calling for him, and he never asks for money.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics