Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
S/O - Lakewood-Businesses we need on the S. Side of the Lake
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 12:43 am
I would love a gym in the pine street area.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 6:56 am
amother wrote:
I would love a gym in the pine street area.

Yaaassss!
With Zumba and spin classes.
I currently travel 25 minutes in Lakewood traffic to get to a gym.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 7:25 am
Ne, I hate the food in four corners. Don't like their service either. I went once and they are seriously overcharged. Tuna wasn't anything to rave about. There's a reason people go to bagel nosh. Their stuff is much much better. Even the atmosphere is more pleasant

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 7:50 am
This is very educational for me.
Thirty years ago we would never have imagined Lakewood having one bagel store, let alone drive throughs.
Carry on Tongue Out

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 8:13 am
Isn't all the talk about the bagel stores לשון הרע?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 8:45 am
amother wrote:
Isn't all the talk about the bagel stores לשון הרע?

Thank you.

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 9:42 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Thirty years ago we would never have imagined Lakewood having one bagel store, let alone drive throughs.
Carry on Tongue Out

When I got married twenty years ago we had Bagel Nosh, Pizza Plus and Yeruchim Gelb's hole in the wall on 5th St where you could get the best schnitzel sandwich in the world. Now you can probably eat out every night for a month and not patronize the same place twice!

Chayalle

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 9:47 am
glutenless wrote:
When I got married twenty years ago we had Bagel Nosh, Pizza Plus and Yeruchim Gelb's hole in the wall on 5th St where you could get the best schnitzel sandwich in the world. Now you can probably eat out every night for a month and not patronize the same place twice!

And there was barely anywhere to sit down and eat out.

Ditto on those schnitzel sandwiches....

Simple1

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 10:10 am
Chayalle wrote:
And there was barely anywhere to sit down and eat out.

Ditto on those schnitzel sandwiches....

I think I remember at the time that sit-down places were discouraged for fear of having hang-outs.

Cmon be nice

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 10:27 am
There used to be a Chase ATM in Kimball hospital (or whatever its called now), not sure why they got rid of it. maybe they could be convinced to bring it back! As far as a bagel store theres one on Rt 9, just north of Prospect, used to be called River Cafe, I think its called Greenhouse cafe now.

amother
White

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 10:51 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Carry on Tongue Out

My grandparents were one of the pioneers of Lakewood. They had to drive to Brooklyn to get chalav Yisroel products, and it was a 3 hour drive then!

I think the grocery all of Lakewood shopped in when my mother was growing up was the Co-op - if I recall correctly, it was in the basement of the yeshiva. Wink

debsey

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 12:44 pm
amother wrote:
Yaaassss!
With Zumba and spin classes.
I currently travel 25 minutes in Lakewood traffic to get to a gym.

What would people pay to take classes in a small gym in the Pine River area, do you think? Like for group personal training.

I hate having to commute to my gym. I'm always late.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 1:07 pm
UQT wrote:
A Chase bank. That's the only reason I'll go to the other side of the lake!

Gosh I have the SAME problem! my DH was nudging me EVERY day this week to go to the bank and I just never got there!

sourstix

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 5:17 pm
[quote="Cmon be nice"]There used to be a Chase ATM in Kimball hospital (or whatever its called now), not sure why they got rid of it. maybe they could be convinced to bring it back! As far as a bagel store theres one on Rt 9, just north of Prospect, used to be called River Cafe, I think its called Greenhouse cafe now.[/quote]

Anyone knows of this? I seriously x know them. Do they make fresh stuff every day? I'm looking for a place on s of lake for everyday fresh goooood bagels/sandwiches. Anyone? Don't tell me seasons. I don't like theirs.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 5:24 pm
debsey wrote:
What?! I feel like my baby grows out of one size and into the next while I'm on line in Bagel Nosh. The line is FOREVER and I can't figure out why. They really need to hire a time and motion study person to figure out how they can get people out faster.

I don't know what the metzia is in BNB.. My husbands always asks if they are giving stuff away for free, hence the long lines..
He walks in there once a month, leaves and goes back to yeshiva to eat... The food is better and the atmosphere is nicer...

There should be such a place for us zenite miners...

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 10:16 pm
sourstix wrote:
Anyone knows of this? I seriously x know them. Do they make fresh stuff every day? I'm looking for a place on s of lake for everyday fresh goooood bagels/sandwiches. Anyone? Don't tell me seasons. I don't like theirs.

Yes. They have good food, more on the healthy side. Like not pastas and pizzas, but wraps and veggies and fish. And of course bagel sandwiches.

debsey

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 10:24 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
I don't know what the metzia is in BNB.. My husbands always asks if they are giving stuff away for free, hence the long lines..
He walks in there once a month, leaves and goes back to yeshiva to eat... The food is better and the atmosphere is nicer...

There should be such a place for us zenite miners...

The tuna is yummy. The doughnuts are just right. Sometimes, it's worth the line. Usually, it isn't.

debsey

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 11:15 pm
amother wrote:
My grandparents were one of the pioneers of Lakewood. They had to drive to Brooklyn to get chalav Yisroel products, and it was a 3 hour drive then!

I think the grocery all of Lakewood shopped in when my mother was growing up was the Co-op - if I recall correctly, it was in the basement of the yeshiva. Wink

Then it moved to Yeshiva Apartments. Then, when Yeshiva bought the Irv (which was a dorm right away) it moved to the basement of the Irv (where yeshiva's coffee room is now).

There was a time that a pizza truck came to Lakewood once a month on rosh chodesh. And that was it for pizza (HOW the yidden suffered, as Shmuel Kunda would say) That was because Rav Shneur did not want eating establishments to open up in Lakewood.

I also remember the days when Lakewood had Bagel Nosh (and it was a counter, pretty much), Pizza Plus, (which had no tables, only takeout) and that tiny little hole in the wall that Gelb made off of Clifton - hot pastrami sandwiches and falafels. That was IT.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 11:22 pm
The cost of a gym is prohibitive unless its in your house. I doubt someone will rent you a basement to blast music in and a store front is expensive.

debsey

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 11:36 pm
amother wrote:
The cost of a gym is prohibitive unless its in your house. I doubt someone will rent you a basement to blast music in and a store front is expensive.

I know someone who has a gym in her house for private use. I wonder if she'd lease it?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics