Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Nicely writen shabbus menu

behappyeveryday

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 3:43 pm
Wanna make a printout of a typical shabbus menu to put at everyone's setting on shabbus. But want it to sound sophisticated and fancy.
Any help would be appreciated.
(Salmon w gefilta, chicken soup, eggs, chulent)

MitzadSheini

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 3:57 pm
You mean like this-

Modern Ancient fish
Parcels of fresh salmon served wth traditional fish croquettes, served on a bed of lettuce with lemon and dill garnish

Fresh Hen
Roasted with garlic and paprika

Hens eggs
Blended with exquisite mayonnaise and garden onions

Clear chicken broth
Served with carrot and celery

Chulent (Mmm... That one is a little harder)
Traditional slow cooked beef with potatoes beans and barley cooked to perfection in a caramelized onion sauce

??????

I think you need to post the full menu, including any interesting ingredients.

Why are you doing this? In other words what is the occasion?

Last edited by MitzadSheini on Thu, Dec 08 2016, 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 3:58 pm
What kind of salmon are you serving?
How is the gefilte fish being served, in slices?
What salads, sides and mains are you serving?

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 4:44 pm
Why, exactly, are you doing this? I'm sorry to say this, but it sounds rather phoney to me. Are you afraid people won't appreciate your cooking if you don't wrap it in fancy gift wrap?

IMHO you'd be better off working on an attractive presentation rather than a fancy menu card. People eat with their eyes. If it looks good, they'll want to eat it. If it doesn't look, they won't. End of story.

behappyeveryday

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 4:55 pm
amother wrote:
Why, exactly, are you doing this? I'm sorry to say this, but it sounds rather phoney to me. Are you afraid people won't appreciate your cooking if you don't wrap it in fancy gift wrap?

IMHO you'd be better off working on an attractive presentation rather than a fancy menu card. People eat with their eyes. If it looks good, they'll want to eat it. If it doesn't look, they won't. End of story.

I've been to many simchas that had these. Im not cooking its being catered. Its a family reunion of our extended family and I thought jt would be nice on every setting. Im just not great in writing so needed help.

behappyeveryday

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 4:56 pm
MitzadSheini wrote:
You mean like this-

Modern Ancient fish
Parcels of fresh salmon served wth traditional fish croquettes, served on a bed of lettuce with lemon and dill garnish

Fresh Hen

Hens eggs

Clear chicken broth

Traditional slow cooked beef with potatoes beans and barley cooked to perfection in a caramelized onion sauce

??????

Thanks soooo much. Great wording. So im getting the caterer to send me exactly what he is having om each plate. If I need any more help ill let u know. Thanks again

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 4:59 pm
What kind of salmon are you doing?

Teriyaki Glazed Salmon with Traditional Gefilte Slices

Creamy Egg Salad with Shredded Onions

Bouillon de Poulet (Winter Chicken Broth)

Beef Stew with Slow Cooked Beans

behappyeveryday

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 5:49 pm
MitzadSheini wrote:
You mean like this-

Modern Ancient fish

Fresh Hen

Hens eggs

Clear chicken broth

??????

Below is my menu. If you can help me make some minor changes to your original I'd greatly appreciate it.

Appetizer Fish Plate:
Cocktail Gefilte Fish , Salmon Fillet , Surimi Salad , Elegant Garnishes

Main Course:
Grilled baby Chicken Fillet , Braised Oyster Steak , Garlic Sauteed String Beans , Apple Cobbler

Dessert:
Donut Sampler Plate:
Razzle Ice Cream
Strawberry Coulis

Morning Meal:

Appetizer:
Grilled Teriyaki Salmon Fillet , Napoleon Of Grilled Vegetables , Micro Green , Basil Oil

2nd Course:
Egg salad , Chopped Liver , Sautéed Liver , , Israeli Salad , Elegantly Garnished

Dessert:
Fresh Fruit Salad W/ 3 Scoops Asst Sorbet (Green Apple , Lychee , Plum)

Thanks in advance. Really appreciate it.

MitzadSheini

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 8:19 pm
This is more fun than cooking and folding laundry, which is what I an supposed to be doing. I think its a fun idea for a family reunion, especially if you can somehow name it personal ("like Aunt Lily used to make", "San Diego Shashimi slices" if that's where you or your visiting guests are from).

Fri

Your choice of traditional cocktail gefilte fish balls or supreme salmon fillet served on a surini salad (what is that actually???) garnished with....(find out what) or with special garnishes

Individual oyster steaks braised to perfection in a special secret sauce (or find out what it is and put that) served on a bed of lightly sauteed string beans infused with garlic.

Crunchy Apple Cobbler

Tea coffee and mints

Daytime

Grilled teriyaki salmon fillet served with Neapolitan grilled vegetables doused in basil oil with a salad of micro greens

Liver Two Ways - traditional chopped and modern grilled

Egg salad as I said before

Traditional Israeli tomato and cucumber salad wth fresh garden herbs

Dessert
triple fruit ice cream in green apple , lychee and plum, with fresh fruit salad to match

Also I was thinking you could call the cholent "Pot au Feu". French always makes food sound better.

All of that should give you some ideas.

Have fun.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note