Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Vacationing as a Nidda
Previous  1  2

sourstix

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 8:45 pm
I just asked my dh if your allowed to go just for a pleasure vacation while a bids is a Sheila. And I kind of remember learning it too. So there are definitely some that hold of this. .

I wouldn't have a problem asking. I'm sure they can come up with ideas how to work this around. Op do what your dh tells you to. None of us can pasken for u. Good luck.

pause

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 8:55 pm
sourstix wrote:
I just asked my dh if your allowed to go just for a pleasure vacation while a bids is a Sheila. And I kind of remember learning it too. So there are definitely some that hold of this. .

I wouldn't have a problem asking. I'm sure they can come up with ideas how to work this around. Op do what your dh tells you to. None of us can pasken for u. Good luck.
uh...no. Whatever a rav tells you.

eschaya

Post Thu, Dec 08 2016, 10:47 pm
One of the best vacations I ever went on (ok, that's a gross exxaggeration) is when I unexpectedly became a niddah the day we were supposed to go (just 2 nights). I was devastated. But DH encouraged me to go anyway, and I actually felt so much more loved on that vacation recognizing that he enjoyed spending time with me without any expectation of physical pleasure. That's the vacation when DH taught me the rules of football! Yah, super exciting, but I think back to it fondly.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Dec 09 2016, 7:07 am
Just ask your dr for pills to push off your period. No big deal.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Dec 09 2016, 7:15 am
Best vacation was when I was nidda! It was so connecting emotionally!

sourstix

Post Fri, Dec 09 2016, 8:16 am
Pause I ment to say that my rav holds this way. She should ask her rav

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Dec 09 2016, 8:29 am
yksraya wrote:
No need to ask a sheila. I'm sure OP knows the halacha espect of niddah and traveling.

OP I think you should anyway go. You can enjoy it as a vacation although it's of course not the same.

This thread alone proves it's a "sheila" (if you know the definition of sheila).
I also learnt it's a sheila, and the reason for that is, because depends when the trip falls out, if u can still take something to push off Nidda, if u can cancel the trip, what reason ur going for, it's not as simple as u think. Don't go ruling for people.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Feb 07 2022, 12:00 pm
I did it in my early 30s and it was very bad. It was just such a let down. Now I’m significantly older and I think it wouldn’t be as bad but would still be a big let down.

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, Feb 07 2022, 12:14 pm
I'm currently on vacay while nidda, it was a good opportunity and actually enjoying a lot, got a good nights sleep instead of staying up late otherwise not much of a difference. we asked Shayla and told to tone it down with outings etc but that's fine with us, just enjoying nice weather and relaxing

amother
Dill

Post Mon, Feb 07 2022, 12:16 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
I finally have an oppurtunity to get away with my husband. However, those dates, I will be a nidda.
Is this so bad? I think my DH is major disappointed but this is my opportunity. I feel like we can enjoy each other's company anyways.
No?

Go go go!!!! We went away when I was in the midst of miscarriage nidda. It was hard, but so so worth it, and much needed. Vacations are not all about zex and being able to touch. Just enjoy the time together.

Aurora

Post Mon, Feb 07 2022, 12:17 pm
I've done it. It wasn't as much fun as it could have been otherwise, but it was also very relaxing to hang out with my best friend.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Mon, Feb 07 2022, 12:33 pm
amother [ Dill ] wrote:
Go go go!!!! We went away when I was in the midst of miscarriage nidda. It was hard, but so so worth it, and much needed. Vacations are not all about zex and being able to touch. Just enjoy the time together.

This thread is over 5 years old. Hopefully OP had many non nidda vacations since.

amother
Ballota

Post Mon, Feb 07 2022, 12:40 pm
If you don't already have your period and are willing to take hormones, ask your Dr for a prescription for aygestin.
You take 1 pill a day beginning a few days before your expected period and then you get your period 3-5 days after you stop taking it.
It is not a birth control! But it does have hormones.

amother
Dill

Post Mon, Feb 07 2022, 1:04 pm
amother [ NeonGreen ] wrote:
This thread is over 5 years old. Hopefully OP had many non nidda vacations since.

😂 I didn’t even notice. But why did you respond to me, and not the posters before me, who brought this to the main page?

amother
NeonGreen

Post Mon, Feb 07 2022, 5:37 pm
amother [ Dill ] wrote:
😂 I didn’t even notice. But why did you respond to me, and not the posters before me, who brought this to the main page?

You’re right. Nothing personal. It’s just that you quoted OP so it was funny to me. But really the one who bumped up this thread was also responding to op. Oh well.

amother
Begonia

Post Mon, Feb 07 2022, 5:38 pm
I finally have an oppurtunity to get away with my husband. However, those dates, I will be a nidda.
Is this so bad? I think my DH is major disappointed but this is my opportunity. I feel like we can enjoy each other's company anyways.
No?

Ask a shaila. There are halachic problems with going on vacation when wife is niddah

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Feb 07 2022, 5:39 pm
No?

If I fly on a plane I get my period so I’m usually nidda when on vacation

amother
Dill

Post Mon, Feb 07 2022, 6:36 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
If I fly on a plane I get my period so I’m usually nidda when on vacation

Vacation doesn’t have to mean flying somewhere….

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Feb 07 2022, 6:51 pm
amother [ Dill ] wrote:
Vacation doesn’t have to mean flying somewhere….

Me and hubs love israel that’s where we have gone. Otherwise I’m winter to somewhere warm usually entails a plane for us
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics