Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Good kitchen faucet brands

amother
Black

Post Fri, Dec 09 2016, 6:59 am
The faucet I love (for looks) is the Delta Essa. I want to get 3 of them for my kitchen. However I keep hearing mixed reviews about delta, with some saying it's great and Better than Moen, but others telling me to pay more money for a Moen.
Anyone have experience with these brands?
Also, for the bathrooms I want to go with Delta, Pfister and Kraus faucets because I found beautiful options that match the decor of the different bathrooms. Are these decent brands? Tia

imamom7

Post Sat, Dec 10 2016, 4:00 pm
I actually just asked the contractor which brand faucet he recommends for the kitchen and he said stick with Delta or Moen

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Dec 10 2016, 4:07 pm
Stay away from delta
Just built a house with high end builder and he refused to put in delta anything. He says whenever he does there are always problems. Go with franke or hansgrohe

amother
Linen

Post Sat, Dec 10 2016, 4:37 pm
I have not had good results with Moen, but this was over 10 years ago so maybe there have been changes.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sat, Dec 10 2016, 4:48 pm
kohler has a very similar faucet: http://www.homedepot.com/p/KOH.....12972

kitchen designer

Post Sat, Dec 10 2016, 5:59 pm
Delta has a good warranty

LIMITED WARRANTY ON DELTA® FAUCETS
Parts and Finish
All parts (other than electronic parts and batteries) and finishes of this Delta® faucet are warranted to the original consumer purchaser to be free from defects in material and workmanship for as long as the original consumer purchaser owns the home in which the faucet was first installed or, for commercial users, for five (5) years from the date of purchase.
https://www.deltafaucet.com/se.....ranty

cnc

Post Sat, Dec 10 2016, 6:04 pm
I needed to replace my faucets this year and when doing research Delta had lousy reviews so I stayed away...

Five years is a very short lifespan for a faucet. Also, even if it is covered under warranty I don't want to have to be busy with replacing a faucet and pay another installation fee.

asmileaday

Post Sat, Dec 10 2016, 8:01 pm
I got the Kohler brand and so far I'm happy.

kitchen designer

Post Sat, Dec 10 2016, 8:01 pm
5 years for commercial use.

(my non delta faucet had a 5 year warranty from a supposedly good brand. When it needed replacement after 5 yrs 1 month - I was out of luck)

BTW there is a difference between the delta faucets bought at home depot and those bought at plumbing stores, the home depot ones are plastic on the inside.

cnc

Post Sat, Dec 10 2016, 8:26 pm
kitchen designer wrote:
5 years for commercial use.

(my non delta faucet had a 5 year warranty from a supposedly good brand. When it needed replacement after 5 yrs 1 month - I was out of luck)

BTW there is a difference between the delta faucets bought at home depot and those bought at plumbing stores, the home depot ones are plastic on the inside.

So are some of the ones bought at a plumbing store (in fact most are partially plastic unless they are very expensive). You can tell by feeling the actual faucet part which is metal, and feeling the base. If they are two different temperatures the base and the piece connecting the base to the faucet are plastic.

amother
Copper

Post Sat, Dec 10 2016, 8:35 pm
Deltas are guaranteed they're just inferior and you're always changing them I bought Dancze they're great
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics