Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
S/O - Lakewood-Businesses we need on the S. Side of the Lake
Previous  1  2  3

sky

Post Fri, Dec 09 2016, 9:32 am
I don't know how the Lakewood Gym is doing now, but is had so many years it struggled The original owners lost everything(literally) in it. It has changed hands so many times and the westgate gyms constantly struggle to stay open. It would be a major risk to try to open one - a Gym in a house isn't a bad idea - you just need very good insurance (that is how the original Lakewood gym started).

The men have a 24 open gym, but it is too much of a risk to have for women. (remember all the complaints about the gym with the automated system).

One of my friends used to have a personal trainer come to her home. She split it with 2 friends. She came with equipment and I heard they got a great workout and the cost wasn't so bad.

Aren't there places around town that are only classes?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Dec 09 2016, 9:56 am
sky wrote:
I don't know how the Lakewood Gym is doing now, but is had so many years it struggled The original owners lost everything(literally) in it. It has changed hands so many times and the westgate gyms constantly struggle to stay open. It would be a major risk to try to open one - a Gym in a house isn't a bad idea - you just need very good insurance (that is how the original Lakewood gym started).

The men have a 24 open gym, but it is too much of a risk to have for women. (remember all the complaints about the gym with the automated system).

One of my friends used to have a personal trainer come to her home. She split it with 2 friends. She came with equipment and I heard they got a great workout and the cost wasn't so bad.

There are places, but none near the south side of the lake/pine st.
I currently go to spin gym which I LOVE, but it's a 23 min drive without any traffic... With traffic is another story.
Although since I love it so much, I don't think I would leave it even if another gym opened near me, unless the new g had superb spin and Zumba classes.

debsey

Post Fri, Dec 09 2016, 1:45 pm
sky wrote:

That's more what I'm thinking about - group personal training. What would people be willing to pay for such a thing?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics