Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Where to shop clothing for my baby

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Dec 09 2016, 1:33 am
I have a 9 month old that needs to get dressed. Problem is I like nice good quality stuff for good prices. And it's hard to find. Anyone familiar w a website that I can order nice things for prices like zara, gap , old navy? Or a little more..

tigerwife

Post Fri, Dec 09 2016, 1:46 am
Try nextdirect.com.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Dec 09 2016, 9:19 am
Hm.com
Janieandjack.com
Benetton.com

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Dec 09 2016, 9:36 am
amother wrote:
I have a 9 month old that needs to get dressed. Problem is I like nice good quality stuff for good prices. And it's hard to find. Anyone familiar w a website that I can order nice things for prices like zara, gap , old navy? Or a little more..

H&M
Target
You can luck out on Aliexpress. I've gotten some cheaply made things from them but I've also gotten baby clothes that stayed brand-new-looking and feeling for a long time which, considering their extremely low pricing, is amazing. Their sizing is extremely inconsistent and shipping takes a few weeks. Search for bobo choses, mini rodini, and companies like that to access their cute looking clothes.
After New Years there will be great sales everywhere, so you can get excellent quality clothing for decent prices. Visit stores you normally wouldn't Smile .

gande

Post Fri, Dec 09 2016, 10:31 am
BTW the "cheap" stores have better quality and fit than designer clothing, most of the time. You just have to know what you want and have good taste. Also when you accesorize or match up trendy color leggings you can get an adorable look for cheap.

nursemomma

Post Fri, Dec 09 2016, 10:36 am
Lots of local stores have good sales now. You may be able to find more expensive brands for decent prices.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Dec 09 2016, 10:59 am
Many clothing stores have 50% off now.

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Dec 09 2016, 11:22 am
gande wrote:
BTW the "cheap" stores have better quality and fit than designer clothing, most of the time. You just have to know what you want and have good taste. Also when you accesorize or match up trendy color leggings you can get an adorable look for cheap.

This is not true at all about quality. My kids have both designer clothing that they got as gifts and cheaper clothing that I usually get them.
It depends on the designer, but overall the designer clothing certainly washes better than the cheap clothing. My kids' clothing from Kenzo look brand new after an entire season. Same with their Burberry coats after 2 years (also gifts). Soft Gallery which was expensive did not wash well at all. Bobo Choses washed beautifully. Small Rags washed okay.

Of their cheaper clothing, Gap washes decently. Old navy washes well. Zara washes terribly. H&M washes decently.

Designer clothing just tend to have a smaller fit.

I agree that kids can dress adorably in reasonably priced clothing if you have a good sense of style, but if you want to hand it down from kid to kid then cheaper clothing has to be gently washed, air dried, and preferably not worn when rough housing.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Dec 09 2016, 2:45 pm
I love carters and it's lasted through 2 kids so far.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Dec 09 2016, 3:20 pm
Jacadi
H&m
Bloomingdales
Gap
Oldnavy
Crazy8
Gymboree
Oshkosh
Ralph Lauren
tuttopiccolo.com
lapetitemag.com
mayoral.com
emile-et-rose.co.uk
petit-bateau.us
patachou.com
m.vertbaudet.co.uk
Peace sign Peace sign

LittleDucky

Post Fri, Dec 09 2016, 3:26 pm
Another vote for Carter's. They wash really well and look new after my kids outgrow it! I got some hand-me-downs as well from Carter's and most look new. Or the same as any outfit looks after the first time it's washed. Stains come out easily- pretreat, wash on cold, gentle and dry on low. And my kids can be rough.
I have gotten some gifts from some expensive places and they look the same as Carter's after each are washed. Plus they don't last through multiple kids the same way. I also hate that so many of the cute designs come off in the wash.
Gap, Oshkosh, and children's place are also good brands but pricier at times.

One surprisingly nice brand is targets new kids clothing line-Cat and Jack. If it doesn't last a year and rips/tears etc bring it back with the receipt for a refund. But I bought clothing there and it seems to hold up well. Hasn't been around that long to tell about lasting through multiple kids but it's guaranteed to last through one!

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Dec 09 2016, 3:34 pm
Also century 21 in Bergen county has tons of designer children's clothes for less. I always see tons of chassidim there.

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Dec 09 2016, 3:56 pm
amother wrote:
I love carters and it's lasted through 2 kids so far.

I love carters too and their quality. You won't find trendy outfits but they have the cutest pajamas and lots of basics to match up with other clothing.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 2:14 am
Op here. Thanks everyone! Looking for more ideas of websites. I like free shipping and returns.. Don't love the cheapy stuff though.. Children's place an target are too cheapy for my taste
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics