Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Best stroller recommendations

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Dec 10 2016, 10:17 pm
I'm currently seeking a baby stroller for my unborn child. I am looking for something stylish, yet sturdy, something that can take abuse, and from a company with excellent customer service. I was not happy with the Bugaboo. I fell in love with the Joolz carriage, but heard that it may not be durable enough for me.

I don't drive and will be walking a lot with the stroller.

amother
Sienna

Post Sat, Dec 10 2016, 10:37 pm
I heard so much negative about the Mima from this site but then decided to buy it Anyways and so far I love it. My last two strollers before this one was bugaboos and I love the mima so much more. It wheels beautifully and locks easily and so far to take in and out of car and fold my husband always is amazed how easy it is because he is used to the bugaboo which is so complicated. I'm tall so I love that the handlebars are high. So far I have no complaints about it.

JustAFrumMom

Post Sat, Dec 10 2016, 10:46 pm
I also don't drive and walk a lot and needed a stroller that would schlep things too. I destroyed the first carriage we tried in only a year. So, we stepped it up a notch and bought a BabyJogger City Select (not the mini). It's pricey, but I absolutely love it. It's durable, smooth, one-hand steerable and I can easily schlep bags with hooks on the bar. The City Mini is more popular if you check reviews. HOWEVER, if you are walking all the time, I would strongly suggest you go up to the Select. The City Select does not fold up well. It's not made for people who need it for casual use. If you are going to abuse your carriage however (as apparently I do), then the Select is perfect. You can also add a second seat to it in the future, or a step on the back for an older child to stand. So, it's versatile. When I am taking a bus or train, I use a lighter umbrella stroller. If you want info on that, I'm happy to post it. I love that one too.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Dec 10 2016, 11:27 pm
I loved the Joolz too... until I met the Mutsy iGO. It's super sturdy, gorgeous to look at, so easy to steer. I've tried lots of friends' luxury strollers and none are as easy to steer as the iGo. I've bounced it up and down two flights of stairs every day for two years and it's as strong as ever.

amother
Wheat

Post Sat, Dec 10 2016, 11:56 pm
amother wrote:
I loved the Joolz too... until I met the Mutsy iGO. It's super sturdy, gorgeous to look at, so easy to steer. I've tried lots of friends' luxury strollers and none are as easy to steer as the iGo. I've bounced it up and down two flights of stairs every day for two years and it's as strong as ever.

What's the difference between the mutsy Igo and Evo?

Smile1234

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 12:20 am
What about an uppababy?
AMAZING customer service.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 4:40 am
Smile1234 wrote:
What about an uppababy?
AMAZING customer service.

That's what I'm currently leaning toward, but not so stylish. Btw, what's the difference between the Cruz and Vista?

I'd love to hear more about the Mima and Mutsy iGo.

cnc

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 4:49 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
That's what I'm currently leaning toward, but not so stylish. Btw, what's the difference between the Cruz and Vista?

The Vista is a full size carriage. It comes with a bassinet and has an option of adding a Rumble seat to make it a double. The pros: it has a good wheel and is a solid carriage, the basket is huge (which is important to me) The cons : it's quite bulky and if you ever want to put it into the trunk of a regular car it will literally take up the entire trunk.

A few years ago they came out with a more compact version called the Cruz. It was a little sleeker- took up a little less room but still had a huge basket.(I still wouldn't consider the Cruz a compact carriage at all even though it's considered the compact version of the Vista). It didn't have a bassinet but recently they made a bassinet for it that you can purchase separately. The first batch had terrible wheels, that constantly needed replacing but I hear they improved the wheels with later models.

I've heard from people in the stroller business that the Uppa Baby carriages are the most well made.

I personally got a Vista by my first and it only held up for 2 kids.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 4:57 am
Is the Cruz just as good as the Vista?

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 6:09 am
amother wrote:
What's the difference between the mutsy Igo and Evo?

iGo is nicer looking, more compact fold, not sure what else is different. Both are good strollers though. The iGo is the top of the range, it's real luxury but not so common so it stands out too. I tell people it's like a cross between an Uppa Baby and a Bugaboo.

I'm happy to answer questions about the iGO.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 7:05 am
amother wrote:
iGo is nicer looking, more compact fold, not sure what else is different. Both are good strollers though. The iGo is the top of the range, it's real luxury but not so common so it stands out too. I tell people it's like a cross between an Uppa Baby and a Bugaboo.

I'm happy to answer questions about the iGO.

I like the look of the Evo over the igo. Are there any other differences between the two besides for the diff style of the frame?

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 8:21 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:

My friend had a Mima and hated it. I see it now a year later and it's pretty tattered, even though my friend takes excellent care of her things. She liked her bugaboo much better.
I have 2 sets of twins so never had a single stroller Very Happy but following this thread because now I'm expecting a singleton.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 8:45 am
I don't get the hype about the Uppababy. All of the people I know who bought one are on to the next carriage already. My sister got one for her first and then bought the City Select double for her second. The Uppababy has been in storage ever since (she prefers the City Select as a single!). I love my Bugaboo Buffalo. It's pricey but a true workhorse. I can go out in the snow and get around without a problem. Super smooth drive ( I had a Mountain Buggy and City Select before this one and you can't compare).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics