Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Adora dolls

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 7:32 pm
I'm considering purchasing one of these dolls for my girls for Chanukah as an alternative to American Girl dolls. Does anyone have any experience with them? https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....D8TK#
I understand that they're very expensive and that many people here may not get the need to buy such expensive gifts, especially when there are so many cheaper dolls around, so please don't respond/bash if you don't have anything constructive to say.
These dolls are adorable, but I would like to know what the quality is like. How does it compare to American Girl and American Girl knockoffs in quality?

Ahuva

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 8:21 pm
I dont have any experience with these dolls but I have found the gotz dolls to be a great alternative with way better quality hair to the american girl. Just google gotz dolls. Pottery barn carries them too.

seeker

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 1:17 am
Not sure if this is an issue for you, but in the amazon link you posted it says it's a "huggable cuddly" or something like that doll, looks like it's more like the toddler level (Bitty Twins?) than the posable, 18" American Girl Dolls. If that's what you're looking for and you're looking for $100 worth of it, they do look really nice! And great ratings on the amazon link, too.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 1:32 am
Ahuva wrote:
I dont have any experience with these dolls but I have found the gotz dolls to be a great alternative with way better quality hair to the american girl. Just google gotz dolls. Pottery barn carries them too.

Gotz dolls are exceptional. I like the Amazon doll that was linked but really don't like the idea of a doll that has a scent attached to it even if it's only baby powder. I like the cushiness of a Gotz, I don't know if I would like the weighted doll on Amazon. Shasha dolls were incredible dolls, it's a pity they are no longer being manufactured. (Gotz was once licensed to produce them.)

I'm totally meh about American Girl dolls. Not that I'm an authority. But a few years ago after a string of grandsons, some granddaughters came along and I again became a doll enthusiast. Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars