Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Can opener (s) in your Kosher Kitchen
Previous  1  2

Do you have more than one, and why? Describe, if you want to.
Just one  
 65%  [ 27 ]
Two (one milchig, one fleishig)  
 34%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 41

greenfire

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 9:23 am
I have one ... and it is parve and wash it with the parve scrubbie - a build up of tuna juices or other stuff would be gross ...

I would have 2 if I was like tila and jrk who opened milk cans and meaty soup cans ...

shopaholic

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 9:44 am
We have 2 even though I never open fleishig or milchig cans - everything is always pareve.

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 10:04 am
I have two... but it's only for opening parve items...(incase the other breaks..lol)

Nothing dairy or fleishig, one for pesach also..

TorahMom48

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 10:34 am
yea I did not think I was the only one that finds that they are constantly breaking!

chen

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 10:41 am
Three--milchik, fleishik, pareve. Fleishik for chicken broth, milchik for...hmmm...oh, right, evaporated or condensed milk. but by sort of reflex, as long as I have them, if I'm making a milchik meal I use the milchik opener and if I'm working pareve I use the pareve.

and the same for pesach, but I'm not 100% sure I have a milchik opener for pesach. what would I open that was milchik?

EsaEinai

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 1:38 pm
I also have two but use both just for parve. if I had cans that contained anything that was actually milchig or fleishig, not just veggies, id use two separate ones.

CAYA

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 2:57 pm
HAVE only one, never open milchig or fleishig things, always pareve, after opening a can of tuna I make sure to really wash it, otherwise just rinse it and I keep it in my pareve drawer

mumoo

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 3:14 pm
have 2

jewgal84

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 3:17 pm
momof3 wrote:
We have 2 even though I never open fleishig or milchig cans - everything is always pareve.

Same here...

PS. You do need to "Wash" off can openers, or else the residue can get all yucky and smelly ie: tuna...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen