Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Looking for cleaning lady in lkwd

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Dec 15 2016, 10:09 am
How do I go about finding a good reliable one?
Tyvm

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Dec 15 2016, 9:17 pm

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Dec 15 2016, 9:18 pm
Anyone ever get cleaning help through an agency?
What was you experience?

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Dec 15 2016, 10:07 pm
Did u ask around your neighborhood if anyone has a lady with extra time.

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Dec 16 2016, 7:57 am
Yes there doesnt seem to be local availability

groisamomma

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 9:27 pm
BUMP

Desperate for a cleaning lady once a week, near Jackson. She needs her own transportation but I will pay her well. Please post and I will PM you.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 9:54 pm
groisamomma wrote:
BUMP

Desperate for a cleaning lady once a week, near Jackson. She needs her own transportation but I will pay her well. Please post and I will PM you.

Honestly I was successful by driving around coventry drive a few times and stopping every lady

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 10:02 pm
keep in mind that could mean that you are stealing someone's lady by doing that

debsey

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 10:16 pm
amother wrote:

I've had this problem many times, even though I hire full time ladies. I resisted the urge to just approach a lady on the street, exactly for this concern. Someone hired my cleaning lady away from me appx 2 weeks before Pesach, when I was in a high-risk pregnancy and the busy season for my job. I'm really having a hard time being "dan l'kaf zechus", and it's a few years later.

Recently, I've had amazing success with Care.com. I found exactly the hours I was looking for, a decent, English speaking woman that is willing to be paid on the books. (there are legal protections in paying on the books, even though you pay more). BTW, a few of the people who responded did request being paid off the books, so if you're looking for that (not that I recommend or condone it) it's possible to find that as well.

After I hired the woman I hired, at least 10 more people sent me emails on Care.com - and at least 7 of them seemed like decent prospects. I'd strongly recommend them.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 10:56 pm
debsey wrote:
I've had this problem many times, even though I hire full time ladies. I resisted the urge to just approach a lady on the street, exactly for this concern. Someone hired my cleaning lady away from me appx 2 weeks before Pesach, when I was in a high-risk pregnancy and the busy season for my job. I'm really having a hard time being "dan l'kaf zechus", and it's a few years later.

Recently, I've had amazing success with Care.com. I found exactly the hours I was looking for, a decent, English speaking woman that is willing to be paid on the books. (there are legal protections in paying on the books, even though you pay more). BTW, a few of the people who responded did request being paid off the books, so if you're looking for that (not that I recommend or condone it) it's possible to find that as well.

After I hired the woman I hired, at least 10 more people sent me emails on Care.com - and at least 7 of them seemed like decent prospects. I'd strongly recommend them.

When I was in a rut, I've considered doing this...wondering for the future-
1- being that they are American do they clean well, or are certain tasks below their dignity and they are just looking for housekeeping vs scrubbing

2- how do their rates compare to avg cleaning lady fee in lkwd $11-12?

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 11:02 pm
Op here still unsucessful

I would like to hear more about this care.com

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 11:04 pm
amother wrote:

I specifically asked her before I took her. She wanted more hours so I took 3 to 5 pm, she was not working those hours beforehand. I'd never do to others what I wouldn't want done to myself.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 11:33 pm
Care.com sounds intriguing. I too am desperate for cleaning help, I work very full time and have money budgeted for a cleaning lady but can't seem to find one despite much effort. How does it work? What kind of people come? What is the cost?

debsey

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 11:46 pm
I think the website has a joining fee of about 20.00. (much cheaper than housekeeper.com, btw) and then it's a monthly fee.

In terms of price, you negotiate with the people who respond.

I am paying a weekly salary, not by the hour, because I'm paying on the books. It's probably equivalent to 13.00 an hour.

In terms of her being American, I don't have an issue with her seeing anything I ask her to do as beneath her. She used to work in a motel as a maid, I think this job is actually a step up for her. I love that she speaks English and I love that I can text her with an explanation of what I want done and there's no language barrier.

Maybe I just lucked out, but I have to say, the website still is sending me emails of candidates and lots of them sound promising. Interestingly enough, the ones who want to be paid off the books (who say they have worked in kosher homes before) want the most money per hour and have what sound like ridiculous demands to me. (I want 15.00 an hour + transportation costs. I don't polish silver. I don't iron...etc)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry