Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Anyone have any good ideas on how to keep recipes

bbd

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 10:33 am
My recipes are so disorganized, I have an actual recipe card file box and a computer word list of recipes and a pinterest but I still cant find an easy way to locate a recipe I want. Anyone have any ideas? Pinterest is great but I want to personalize and put comments and my own directions. Thanks for suggestions.

Sadie

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 10:38 am
Pepperplate.com

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 10:43 am
I have a three ring binder with sheet protector plastic sleeves. I put printed copies of recipes (with my notes) in the sleeves. Once the collection got big, I added a second binder and added tabs (salad, soup, chicken, dessert, dairy, etc). I also have a section at the back where I add my Yom tov menus so I can remember from year tobyearwhat I did. Also have separate binder for pesach.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 11:07 am
My dream is to get all my recipes organized on one-note synched with my mobile, tablet etc. I've been working slowly to get it all in and it just takes time, but the system is beautiful. You create a new notebook with unlimited sub-sections and tabs to create all of your categories etc. You can pull in links and pictures, snap pictures, scan magazine pull-outs etc. and you can put whatever notes you want, right there in the tab.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 1:12 pm
bbd wrote:
My recipes are so disorganized, I have an actual recipe card file box and a computer word list of recipes and a pinterest but I still cant find an easy way to locate a recipe I want. Anyone have any ideas? Pinterest is great but I want to personalize and put comments and my own directions. Thanks for suggestions.

Print the Word recipes, hole punch, put in a nice binder, and make sections with clear tabs. I love this as I can easily edit the recipe without needing to retype, just reprint that page. I can also redo my entire binder at any time without much effort. And I have access to all my recipes when I don't have time to log on to my computer, over yom tov when I can't log in...

sky

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 3:48 pm
I did the binder - with page protectors. And was gorgeous. I could just add recipes from magazines and clippings easily.

Until I added too many clippings and printings and its a mess again...

I need to split into at least 3 binders now
#1 - dairy, salads, soups, menus
#2 - Meat and Sides
# 3 - Desserts, cake , cookies, snacks (no wonder I always need to lose weight if I have a full notebook)

cm

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 3:58 pm
Photo albums - use a different small album for each category. Recipes slide right into the photo pockets.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 4:06 pm
Paprika app.
It's very well made, easy to use and organized!
Very easy to rip recipes from the web.

You need to change the settings to 17+ though.

shepardess

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 4:59 pm
Ive got a metal 4 x 6 box, I write the recipes I use on them, on 4 x 6 cards it also helps me memorize them, then I give the books away.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 5:03 pm
Google Drive, create a folder called Recipes. Within this folder create folders for all your recipe categories. Create a new doc for every recipe and title it with the name of the recipe.

Easily searchable, auto saves everything, you can access it from anywhere, and very user friendly and easy to organize.

yksraya

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 5:03 pm
sky wrote:
I did the binder - with page protectors. And was gorgeous. I could just add recipes from magazines and clippings easily.

Until I added too many clippings and printings and its a mess again...

I need to split into at least 3 binders now
#1 - dairy, salads, soups, menus
#2 - Meat and Sides
# 3 - Desserts, cake , cookies, snacks (no wonder I always need to lose weight if I have a full notebook)

I use binders and protectors too. Have 4 so far. 1 milchig, 1 fleishig and 2 for parve recipes. Dd has one too. she puts there all kiddie recipes or recipes she gets at baking lessons etc.

lucky14

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 11:54 pm
amother wrote:
I have a three ring binder with sheet protector plastic sleeves. I put printed copies of recipes (with my notes) in the sleeves. Once the collection got big, I added a second binder and added tabs (salad, soup, chicken, dessert, dairy, etc). I also have a section at the back where I add my Yom tov menus so I can remember from year tobyearwhat I did. Also have separate binder for pesach.

I did the exact same thing (minus the tabs, but I have them sectioned like that). I even had to run over into a third binder Smile I also have a yom tov section with specific things like doughnuts and cheesecake and my rosh hashana chicken and such. and I too have a pesach binder Smile

Jewishmofm

Post Tue, Dec 13 2016, 3:26 am
Another vote for pepperplate.com.

Geedeeay

Post Tue, Dec 13 2016, 5:28 am
I put all my recipes into a photo ok from photobox and when there was a coupon printed it! I love it

Amarante

Post Tue, Dec 13 2016, 6:50 am
I have trouble ed all the recipe s stated and the only thing that works for me is my application called Macrecipe.

It's a customized database for recipes. It imports web recipesor text recipes instantly.

I can search for recipes with any ingredient I select in including ingredients, type of preparation, type of cuisine or customized keywords like holiday etc.

I have the ability to rate recipes as well as add my own notes

There is an app for the phone and so I can send a recipe to the phone or iPad.

It also will create a shopping list for all recipes I've selected.

Can't say enough good things about it.

sky

Post Tue, Dec 13 2016, 10:02 am
lucky14 wrote:
I did the exact same thing (minus the tabs, but I have them sectioned like that). I even had to run over into a third binder Smile I also have a yom tov section with specific things like doughnuts and cheesecake and my rosh hashana chicken and such. and I too have a pesach binder Smile

I also have a pesach binder - its not just recipes but my entire pesach - kitchen supplies, shopping lists, cleaning plans, recipes, menus, errand planning, seder prep, kashering reminders, etc. I'm not sure how I would make pesach without it.

perquacky

Post Tue, Dec 13 2016, 1:43 pm
I use the cheftap app on my phone. You can store 100 recipes for free. Then there's a small annual fee. You can upload recipes from the internet or type in and save your own. Very easy to use.

bbd

Post Sat, Dec 17 2016, 3:11 pm
Thanks for all the great suggestions! I tried pepperplate but you can only copy recipes from certain sponsored websites. The binder is a great idea and I should make one for all of my 'keeper' recipes but I have a feeling mine would end up being messy. The Google Drive looks great and easy so I will give it a try.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen