Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Bank Account

myname1

Post Tue, Dec 20 2016, 7:14 am
Has anyone opened a bank account completely from chutz laaretz? Can you please tell me how it worked and with which bank? Thanks very much.

ahuva06

Post Tue, Dec 20 2016, 10:05 am
I dont know for fact but I am guessing that would be a difficult, if not impossible task. It's hard enough to open a bank account in PERSON...

good luck!

israeliMD

Post Tue, Dec 20 2016, 12:48 pm
Not sure if/how it can be done. I had to sign papers stating that my permanent residence was Israel last time I changed something with my account. We have Bank Hapoalim and they are awful but not sure the others are better. The banks in Israel really don't like working with US citizens due to various IRS requirements.

Marion

Post Tue, Dec 20 2016, 1:51 pm
You can't, you have to be there in person.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Dec 20 2016, 2:02 pm
I had to sign that IRS paper 3.5 years ago in PAGI. But I heard the USA took off that rule because its not legal. Im very angry how controlling the USA is. I dont have to pay taxes on money thats in Israel. Weird country.

Marion

Post Tue, Dec 20 2016, 3:48 pm
amother wrote:
I had to sign that IRS paper 3.5 years ago in PAGI. But I heard the USA took off that rule because its not legal. Im very angry how controlling the USA is. I dont have to pay taxes on money thats in Israel. Weird country.

Actually, you may have to pay taxes on money that's in Israel and, even if you don't, you have an obligation to declare it. If you think it's bad for U.S. citizens, consider how those who are non-citizens but made the "mistake" of marrying an American must feel.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions