Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How to deal with going back to work

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 11:00 pm
Hi ladies
I need some support. Due to my current situation, I will probably need to go back to work soon.
I'm feeling really overwhelmed about putting my baby in daycare, I love being home with her. I am so worried about leaving her in someone else's care, especially when she is non verbal and still nursing Sad
How did you deal with this? Did it get easier over time?

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 11:23 pm
I am with you. I hate it. I love staying home with my babies and I'm grateful when that's possible.
Unfortunately this time it's not. I had to go back to work when my baby was only 2.5 weeks old. Sad I pump milk at work and try to hold her as much as I can when I get home. She sleeps next to me also.

pesek zman

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 11:25 pm
Going back to work means drinking coffee while it's still hot and getting to use the bathroom in peace.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 11:30 pm
pesek zman wrote:
Going back to work means drinking coffee while it's still hot and getting to use the bathroom in peace.

That depends on your job.
But I guess you can drink your coffee hot while you pump.
Hugs op it's hard. I did pump but I missed them a ton. And yes they missed me also and wanted me not the bottle so that was a challenge to.
Hope it goes as smoothly as possible.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 11:37 pm
amother wrote:
That depends on your job.
But I guess you can drink your coffee hot while you pump.
Hugs op it's hard. I did pump but I missed them a ton. And yes they missed me also and wanted me not the bottle so that was a challenge to.
Hope it goes as smoothly as possible.

OP.
That's the hardest part. Missing my baby and knowing she needs me but I won't be there... Sad
I am grateful I've had the chance to be home with her this long but I don't want it to end. Gd it breaks my heart!

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 11:38 pm
pesek zman wrote:

Lol good point
But I'd give up those things in a heartbeat to be with my child.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 11:38 pm
pesek zman wrote:

Definitely my day at work is more structured with more breathing room than a day at home with little kids. But if you only have one baby at home there's plenty of time for drinking your coffee hot and using the bathroom. There's no substitute for mom in the early months of a baby's life. I kept praying during the pregnancy for a miracle to happen so I wouldn't have to go back to work. Has't happened yet.

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 11:39 pm
amother wrote:
I am with you. I hate it. I love staying home with my babies and I'm grateful when that's possible.
Unfortunately this time it's not. I had to go back to work when my baby was only 2.5 weeks old. Sad I pump milk at work and try to hold her as much as I can when I get home. She sleeps next to me also.

Hugs Sad
I love bedsharing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics