Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Were can I convert a cassette tape to cd in lkwd

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Dec 13 2016, 5:06 am
Were in lakewood can I convert tapes to cds?
Tyia

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 4:28 pm
Anyone?

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 4:58 pm
do you have an old cassette player? it's actually really easy to do on your own.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 5:03 pm
instructions: get a male-to-male audio cable (they're really cheap). https://sewelldirect.com/sewel.....cable

plug one end into the headphone jack on your tape recorder. plug the other end into the microphone jack on your computer. use an audio recording program (I like audacity, but I got it way back when it was free. your computer may have something simple already, so use what you have) to record the cassette onto the computer. you can then burn it to cd or turn it into an mp3 file and put it on whatever device you want. I've done this a number of times, it's really not a big deal.

sourstix

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 5:15 pm
mummie you are really good technologically. its not simple for someone like me. I will try this and see how this works.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 5:55 pm
Do you know if the record players work the same way? Some are like $75 or $100 and I am so tempted to get one just to get all my old records into digital form. Any aux out will work? (Anon because I talk about this a lot!)

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 6:26 pm
sourstix wrote:
mummie you are really good technologically. its not simple for someone like me. I will try this and see how this works.

it sounds more overwhelming than it is. the cable is simple, and recording the tape is as simple as pressing record on the program and play on the tape recorder. google any step you get confused by, you should find easy tutorials online.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 6:28 pm
amother wrote:
Do you know if the record players work the same way? Some are like $75 or $100 and I am so tempted to get one just to get all my old records into digital form. Any aux out will work? (Anon because I talk about this a lot!)

yes, I have done this from a record player, but not from a record. I have a record player that includes tape, radio, and cd. if you want to spend the money, they do make stereo systems that will record from record to cd for you. I just like listening to the records. I copied this from cassette to cd and mp3 because people requested copies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAwqUv3Cvwo

also, pretty sure you can get a USB turntable, so you wouldn't need the headphone thingy.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 7:17 pm
Photo express on 2nd and Clifton can do it for you. I switched all my cassettes to CDs last chanuka they did it within a day or so

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 8:05 pm
Anyone have good cassettes to give away? My husband just bought an old clunker that has a cassette player! Shiurim, kids tapes, somewhat contemporary music?

Jeanette

Post Wed, Dec 21 2016, 8:08 pm
You can also get a cassette player with a USB connection that will do the conversion for you.

Something like this on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Arrela-.....IATEE

sky

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 7:13 am
YOu can buy a cassette to MP3 player on Amazon that works with the computer for pretty cheap: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018WBUJBS?psc=1

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 11:20 am
amother wrote:
Photo express on 2nd and Clifton can do it for you. I switched all my cassettes to CDs last chanuka they did it within a day or so

Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics